General

A question for "the ladies"?

AliceInWonderland wrote
but I've never seen a man do it?

Same, although it really wouldn't surprise me if guys do it.

That said, I find sometimes the nicest comments can come from guys. If your not into them, why not just appreciate the fact that another person cared enough to comment? Regardless of gender.
13 years

Professor Fatology wrote
In full disclosure—as someone who frequently comments on photos (always in a positive way) I will first look at the profile of the male and if he is seeking a female partner, I will be very careful not to write anything of an erotic nature, but simply compliment his bellybuilding success. If he lists seeking a male partner then I will comment on how sexy his new pounds look. I’ll also be more specific if he’s listed himself as seeking women, but has PMed me thanking me for the compliments and has responded in a more erotic manner.

That makes you a rare occurance on this site, most people just message/comment without so much as a look at the Profile page/I-Seek-You. This seems to be the most parsimonious answer to me. Sort of curtailing the unwanted attention *or at least trying* by posting their interests in the same place they're posting their images.

Though yeah...if you're secure in your sexuality it really shouldn't matter either way. I myself take my comments as they're written, if they're positive they're taken that way and vice-versa.
13 years

scrambledegg wrote
I must admit, that almost nothing on this site gets on my nerves as much as people asking for comments. It drives me insane! Stupid attention whores!

I'll never comment on a photo where the member with the photo has asked for comments, no matter how good I think their photo is.

I feel much the same way scrambled. I usually don't even bother to look at those pictures.
13 years

I'm not a lady, but I felt like answering anyway. As a straight guy I still like getting positive comments from other guys (including gay guys). I'll admit it: I just like the attention.
I've even commented other guys on their progress a couple times.
13 years

scrambledegg wrote
Professor Fatology wrote
I noticed a psychologist from Holland taking notes, but not saying anything during the session. At the end of the meeting, he stood up and said he had been documenting the number of times a male said something vs. the number of times a female said something. Even though there were 4 times as many females at the meeting than males, males had said twice as much as the females had.

What are you rambling on about? Everyone knows women always talk more! You can't get a word in edgeways at my office!

Egg, my apologies, but as any teacher, or meeting convenor, who has paid attention will tell you, women speak for less frequently than men. And the larger or more public the group, the less we speak. In a lecture course that I teach with about 80 students, we can go weeks without hearing a female voice, unless I make a point of asking to hear from women students.
13 years