General

Fat country cultural shock

Morever wrote
Hence, I am screwed.

Hope you find the plump lady you are looking for and these words become true in a good way! smiley

(It's weird that the fat Italian mama who cooks all the time and is always urging people to eat is SUCH a cultural stereotype in North America. And The Sopranos was one of the best tv shows I've ever seen for ogling fat men, and it was all about Italian-Americans!)
13 years

I think Buffetbelly is right. When I lived in NYC and worked near Lincoln Center, I *NEVER* saw fat people. But in other parts of the city, and even more outside the city, there are plenty. Any place where style counts, don't look for us.

But there's another issue, which I think gaining men always forget. Women don't generally--and we're talking sweeping generalisations here, of course--don't talk about physical attraction in front of men. We know what you look at, but we don't tell you. Plus, we don't think to google 'fat men' to look at pics. We're less visual, according to a number of studies, at least.

I *adore* fat men, and always have. But no one knew that until a few years ago, when I felt obliged to 'come out'. I'm absolutely sure there are far more FFAs than anyone knows. So be of good cheer. And while I do remember how bad it feels to be turned down, even many years later smiley , you really can learn to be brave--nothing terrible happens if you're turned down, I promise.
13 years

Morever wrote
I meant @Juicy, but it came out @Fancy! God only knows why...

Ha, I just read that post and thought, "What? When did I say that?"
Anyway, your situation does suck, but look on the bright side - you're lucky that physical attraction makes you come out of your shell. Some of us have to fight an intense fear of people we're attracted to. At least when you do meet those rare women, you'll be able to talk to them.
13 years