General

Why is it called grossly or grotesque obese?

The doctors want to hurt and embarass their patients as much as they can. Especially the obesity researchers who get more grant money, the worse they can make it sound. They are also using the term "malignantly obese."
13 years

I love how the media throws around "Morbid Obesity" Its not morbid, its damn exhilarating! smiley
13 years

Like I said, the terms are made by the reasearchers. If there is an epidemic of a "disease," they get more money. They also said obesity is contageous. So they get even more research money for that.
13 years

Moonchild wrote
XgorgedNgorgeousX wrote
while we're on the subject.....I hate the word obese in general.....it just sounds like such an unpleasant word. why cant dr's refer to us as pleastly plump or voluptuous even?

"Hello there, Miss GnG, if you'll just step on the scale please. Alright, and let's have a look at your chart here.

"Hmmm... Looks like you've gotten a lot more pleasantly plump since your last checkup. In technical terms, you're now classified as 'medically voluptuous.' If you keep gaining weight, your BMI will cross the threshold into what we call 'damn exhilaratingly voluptuous.'"

I like smiley

Although her name would make a good term too, Gorged and Gorgeous smiley
13 years