Story authors

Writer's chat day

I didn't misunderstand. If someone comes in and starts throwing their two cents around the place they'll be; firstly, asked to leave and second, if they don't respond to the request they'll be given a temporary chat-ban.

But there's no reason to exclude our readers from this discussion. It if for that reason that I've included Q&A. If a fan of a certain story comes in, for instance, and wants to ask a few questions to the author or perhaps offer an opinion on the story that's just fine. In fact I was even thinking of going so far as to use this as an opportunity to ask the readers what they might like to see from the hero *or heroine* next.

And my mentioning that descriptions of sexual encounters should be kept classy was meant to indicate that we should stay away from exactly what you just mentioned, crude slang and other inappropriate language.

Also, I figured you might be kidding about the big bucks thing...but felt a need to point out that I am in fact broke lol.
13 years

Writer's chat day

that's cool omigumo

however it sounds like what's been proposed is now (are now?) two different session themes...your public q&a, sort of a virtual book signing/ego inflation...and the one edit first described (and what i have been referring to), that of a fa fetish writer workshop where ideas and technique would be tossed around.

of the two i'm inclined toward the latter.

i suggest a poll of some of the other story contributers...see what they would prefer.
13 years

Writer's chat day

Built4com4t wrote
that's cool omigumo

however it sounds like what's been proposed is now (are now?) two different session themes...your public q&a, sort of a virtual book signing/ego inflation...and the one edit first described (and what i have been referring to), that of a fa fetish writer workshop where ideas and technique would be tossed around.

of the two i'm inclined toward the latter.

i suggest a poll of some of the other story contributers...see what they would prefer.

Excuse me, but how is a Q&A session an ego-inflation session? It's for people to ask questions to the author. The chat event is still exactly the same as it was suggested to be. It's for the writers to come together discuss their work with their peers AND their readers.

Just because I'm not going to close the event to the site at large doesn't make it into what you seem to think it does.
13 years

Writer's chat day

Ok, mostly out of curiosity I'm going to try and host the writer's chat next sunday at 4pm *Eastern Standard Time*. Anyone who's interested come by chat next sunday and look for the room labeled "Writer's Chat".

I'm going to use this as a way to gage whether I want to do it again in the future. So, hopefully, depending on the turn-out this might become a monthly thing.
13 years

Writer's chat day

Rules:

1. Descriptions of sexual scenes should be kept tasteful.

2. This is not just a fetish/sexual discussion, this is a discussion for writers, and authors in general. Feel free to discuss non-fat or non-sexual projects you're working on.

3. Don't expect to get your ego stroked.

4. This is also a way to try and help new writers improve, so if you can't take constructive criticism you probably shouldn't show up.

5. Be civil, if you don't agree with the themes that someone writes about *i/e force-feeding, S&M, etc* please don't start a fuss.

Also, Edit, yea I think you're right. *an hour ahead.*
13 years

Writer's chat day

Well, the first Writer's Chat day was a small success I suppose. I can't really call it a hit, about 10 people showed up and we had a bit of good chat about how we could better our techniques and we discussed some prospective paths for our stories to take.

All in all I think it was good enough to try again. I'll post the date at some other time, I have a break coming up and there isn't a quick internet connection at my parents' house so if I'm there I won't be able to host it. So unless someone else would like to try and host it in my absence there probably will not be a writer's chat next month. I'll be able to do one in June though.
13 years

Writer's chat day

man, if i would've know about this a while back!
well, you can't win them all...

in any case, I would love to chat w/ another writer about some of the stories i'm trying to develop and one I'm working on currently.

Maybe we can do just a forum instead of a chat since I couldn't be there due to me working. I love this idea though.
12 years

Writer's chat day

I have decided we will have Writer's Chat here this sunday at 4pm...sorry about the short notice I'd been thinking about it for a while *pretty much since metalgirl messaged me in chat a couple weeks ago* but didnt' realize that I hadn't posted about it until now.

Same rules apply, meet in the room labelled Writer's Chat at 4pm EST this Sunday.
12 years

Writer's chat day

New Writer's Chat set for the last Sunday in March, if my internet is back on by then, if not then we'll have it the next Sunday.

I'll be posting about it when I can, and I may recruit Edit (Speled Rong) to plug it in chat between now and then.

So get your questions and discussions ready because Writer's chat is now about to hopefully become a more regular occurrence.
12 years

Writer's chat day

Hey, just came across this thread. I think this is a great idea, lets do another one of these chats. I have been writing tons of very long stories over the last 12 years and would love to get feedback, improve my style and meet with other authors. That might be very interesting and stimulating, especially since each person has their very unique style and mine, has been acused to be very unique ;-) So if you are organizing another one, count me in!
11 years
12   loading