General

Ff 40+ fat soiree

For those of you who haven't noticed yet, we have a new event on Sunday evenings. Every Sunday at 10:30 PM GMT, we will have an event especially for members 40 and older. Think of it as a virtual cocktail hour, where we serve drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and charming conversation.

It won't be difficult to find, even if you aren't used to chat. If you come into the main chat room, click on the 'Rooms' button in the upper right hand corner of the chat screen. You should see a list of different virtual rooms, one of which will be the Soiree.

If you're 40 and older, please do come join us.

If you're not yet 40, don't be jealous. Your time will come. smiley And though we're wildly desirable, we will deign to chat with you all other times of the week.*

If you have any questions, or thoughts about how to improve this event, please don't hesitate to write me a PM on the site.

See you tomorrow!!!
{hugs} Juicy

*Please note the dripping irony and don't respond with things about being unfair to younger members.
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

Oy. Chat is a 24-hour under 30 playground. Most often under 25. I am quite happy in that environment--if I weren't, work would be *hell*. (I teach at a university.) But it is sometimes nice for us rotting, old, decrepit types to share each other's company. smiley
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

*giggle* Thanks, Please, that's very sweet of you to say. Media studies, mostly entertainment media--film, tv, music.

I have once or twice gotten the feeling someone was finding me appealing, but I've never--in 20+ years of teaching--had a student hit on me. Strange.
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

Hee hee. I like that thought. Well, not the I'm-so-stupid-I-missed-it part, but the it's-been-happening-all-along part! smiley
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

I hope you get a chance to join us, double J--it's been fun the first two times, no doubt.

@computersaysno--I'll write you a special hall pass so you can get in. And happy very early birthday! smiley

For those of you who are curious, both Sundays have been quite fun, with a range of people coming and going. It's much easier for first time chatters than the main room is when it's busy, so it's a good place to get acclimated, too. Please do come along if you have any inclination to check it out!
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

My dears,

For anyone who looked for the Soiree tonight, my sincerest apologies. I have that cotton-brained cold thing happening, and I thought it was Saturday instead of Sunday. Ugh. Truly sorry, and pretty embarrassed.

Do you all want to have the Soiree the next two weekends? I'm happy to show up, unlike this week, and pour drinks, but if everyone's going to be with fam and friends and not online, then we'll wait until the 9th. What say you all?
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

Just a reminder that the Soiree returns this coming Sunday, 9th Jan 2011 (ack!) at 10:30 PM GMT (11:30 in western Europe, 5:30 on the NAmerican east coast, 2:30 on the west coast).

If you are over 40 and haven't yet attended one of the Soirees, please do try to come along. They've been great fun, and easier to follow than the main room for those who are new to chat. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
13 years

Ff 40+ fat soiree

Yes, I'll be there!!
13 years