General

What book(s) are you reading right now?

chocolatelover2 wrote
'Men Who Hate Women' (Millennium Trilogy of crime novels) from Stieg Larsson!
One of the best writer.

Funny, I've just started the same series after watching the first two films and haven't heard of that book?

Must be the language translation, so is that the first, second or third one? I just started the first (The Girl with the Dragon Tatto), good stuff so far.
13 years

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

The best thing that I can say about it is that I'm getting through it fairly quickly; I'm not as fond of Wilde as I thought I'd be. I find the characters to be mostly unpleasant to the point where I almost don't care what happens to them.

Have a handful of other books that I just bought last week though, so I shouldn't be lacking in material for a while, and if nothing else I can look forward to the next novel as motivation to push through Dorian Gray.
13 years

I'm reading a Star Wars EU novel called Labyrinth of Evil, it's pretty epic. And also sort of casually browsing a zombie novel called Paul is Undead, pretty funny it's a "What if the Beatles were Zombies" novel.

*I know NERD hurhurhur*
13 years

mikecity wrote
Just used a Barnes And Noble gift card on the following:

Lester Bangs - Psychotic Reactions And Carburetor Dung
Neil Gaiman - American Gods
Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett - Good Omens

I've only actually cracked open the Lester Bangs book so far though.

High five for this post. Just because I used my own B&N gift card last week.
13 years

Current main book- National suicide:How Washington is destroying the American Dream from A to Z by Martin L. Gross
Previous main book- In Search of Excess:the Overcompensation of American Executives by Graef S. Crystal
On-going side book- The complete Sherlock Holmes by sir Arthur Conan Doyle
On-going Manga(s): Death Note, Gurren Lagann, Vampire+Rosario:season II

And finally, how I spent my Barnes&Nobel gift card [$50]:
1)the Birthday Oracle, Discover what your birth date says about you by Pam Carruthers
2)Revered Wisdom: Christianity
3)Revered Wisdom: Buddhism
4)Revered Wisdom: Freemasonry
5)Tatoo, Symbols and Meanings
13 years

today i started reading The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. once i'm done with that, i think i'll go on to the second book in The Ranger's Apprentice series.
13 years

Yes! Another fan of Conan Doyle's work below the age of 40; I am a freak-in literary taste, no more!
13 years

"How the Dead Live" by Derek Raymond - British crime noir at it's blackest and bleakest, with a nameless leading man who makes Gene Hunt look a bit on the soft side.

Before that was "Flaming Zeppelins" by Joe R. Lansdale, for two reasons: firstly it's by Joe R. Lansdale, secondly it has the word Zeppelin in the title!

Before that was "Audition" by Ryu Murikami, great, twisted book adapted into a great, twisted film.

Next up...probably something odd.
13 years

At the suggestion of the boyfriend I am reading the Hyperion Series. Just finished Hyperion, going to the next book.
13 years

Finished The Picture of Dorian Gray. Onto something else, finally; most of that book was, for me, something of a drag, and the parts that were most interesting were few and too remote from each other in a sea of annoying, mind-numbingly dull monologues from Lord Henry laden with intentional hypocrisy. The wit and banter that I'd heard Wilde was famous for didn't show up until near the end, and I loved that and wish there was more of it.

Anyways... onto the next.
13 years
12345   loading