General

Osama bin laden dead

Now if only this could happen to all politicians.
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

paulm0787 wrote:
hasn't he just become a martyr for these people now?

Technically yes. But he's been the head of Al-Qaida *sp?* for a very long time. There's a good chance that his death will cause in-fighting and weaken Al-Qaida in the long run.
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

JustinNasty wrote:
scroogey wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's bullsh*t?

Probably not... but I think its the real deal.

They supposedly did DNA testing and have the body in the states custody.

I dont think that its bullsh*t merely because if our government did make it up, and Osama made another video or was spotted somewhere or confirmed alive... Obama and the US officials would be sooo f*cked. This is not something to lie about and they know it.

Very true
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

I will probably get some hate for this- but first let me say...
He did bad things, he hurt many people *not just Americans...*, and his time was going to run out sooner or later.

I don't think anyone should celebrate anyone's death unless the deceased wished for that(like a terminally ill patient who wants a celebration instead of mourning...)...

People acting fools are just giving anti-American groups more fuel for the fire. He is dead. Great, move on. Now don't make a huge deal or say nasty things because then he will be a martyr and this will only aide him in recruiting more young impressionable people.

Time to grow up America.
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

Like I know people are celebrating his death, I get that....
But really? The Frat Party out side The White House?

And I wasn't saying anyone who was hurt on or by the actions of 9/11 should "grow up"...
I was trying to comment on people who are on my facebook page with quotes about terrorists all being "towel heads" or how all Chinese people are secretly terrorist too...

That sort of racism is gross. Being racist or a xenophobe is gross.

Lumping the actions of one extremist into a religious label- gross.

I just want people to be careful with what they say. I was not directly wounded by 9/11, but I did have a family member and 3 friends die in a war looking for Osama.

And I still believe that anti-American groups do not need any more help, but we did have a chance to discuss with Osama in the 90s his foreign policy and ideals- we did not. We had many chances to kill him, we knew his location at specific times- but failed to capture him.

Why? I want to know why.

I get this is closure for lots of people, I can now happily put flowers on the graves of my friends and cousin.
I am glad he is dead, but drinking yourself into a stupor and parading around in public screaming about terrorism- not good.

Sorry if I didn't clarify, I have been really sick lately. And thanks everyone for the input. I didn't take it personally. We wont always agree on everything, and I like the dialog we have going.

I really loved the quote from Jon Stewart!!! I forget about how he also held captive people in the middle east while holding us here captive as well.
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

Trainspotting wrote:
I'm not getting into it here, but the fact that people are convinced he masterminded 9/11 when the FBI, Dick Cheney and even Bin Laden said he didn't makes me laugh.

Were the truth known, we would die laughing in a pool of our own tears.
And this is not a put ddown of anyone, but the sad fact is, most of us have no idea what is really going on. Fact is, opinions aren't facts.
So eat! Drink! Be merry!
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

wow the jokes keep coming when we found out. the last thing goin through obamas head before he died. whats worse looking than a dead bin laden they just keep coming
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

Everybody watch this video, very good information... this is all true.. Osama has Nine Lives! lol.. He actually died a month after 9/11:
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

Msprettypanties wrote:
The blood of many innocent people was on his hands.

You could say that about president Bush and possibly Obama as well. The people who died as "collateral damage" in Iraq or Afghanistan are just as innocent as the people who died in the twin towers.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing that Osama is dead, but partying because someone is dead, just feels wrong.

I think war is never the solution, because it only creates more hatred from both sides. The relatives of innocent victims in Iraq and Afghanistan have just as much reasons to hate the US as the US people to hate the Taliban.
13 years

Osama bin laden dead

Msprettypanties wrote:
FAscination wrote:
Msprettypanties wrote:
The blood of many innocent people was on his hands.

You could say that about president Bush and possibly Obama as well. The people who died as "collateral damage" in Iraq or Afghanistan are just as innocent as the people who died in the twin towers.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing that Osama is dead, but partying because someone is dead, just feels wrong.

I think war is never the solution, because it only creates more hatred from both sides. The relatives of innocent victims in Iraq and Afghanistan have just as much reasons to hate the US as the US people to hate the Taliban.

I am no fan of Bush, but I think it all goes to intentions. Did they intentionally murder thousands of civilians? No. Did Osama? Yes. He even murdered his own people.

Sorry MissPP but yes, we have. :-(
13 years
12   loading