General

Alignment quiz!- good/evil/etc

Just for a bit of fun, I found this particular quiz that's for a characters alignment, might be interesting to see what people get. smiley There are 9 alignments on two axes-

Quiz found here: wizards.com/default.asp

Lawful Good "Crusader" - Neutral Good "Benefactor" - Chaotic Good "Rebel"
Lawful Neutral "Judge" - Neutral "Undecided" - Chaotic Neutral "Free Spirit"
Lawful Evil "Dominator"- Neutral Evil "Malefactor" - Chaotic Evil "Destroyer"

The moral axis has three positions: good, neutral and evil. Good characters generally care about the welfare of others. Neutral people generally care about their own welfare. Evil people generally seek to harm the others' welfare (I'll add that at the least they can tend to be more selfish rather than harmful, mind).

The ethical axis has three positions as well: lawful, neutral, and chaotic. Lawful people generally follow the social rules as they understand them. Neutral people follow those rules find convenient or obviously necessary. And chaotic people seek to upset the social order and either institute change, or simply create anarchy.

Note: I'd recommend answering as if the neighbourhood you live in is a decent/pleasant one or it can throw off some of the questions.

So, might be fun to see what people get- and just remember, it's all in good fun and there's no shame in getting any of the answers. smiley Don't think of them as straitjackets either. I'd say most people in the world are probably Neutral (right in the middle) but we shall see.

Edit: It would also appear my alignment has shifted much further towards chaotic and become Chaotic Good instead. smiley

Edit: Harry Potter fans can check out this link showing someone's thoughts on the alignments of the characters from the series too smiley:
easydamus.com/alignmenthpc.html

And due to popular (well, some) demand, I'm linking here to a lengthy quiz that also gives you stats, a fantasy race, and character class, for the bored/curious smiley:
easydamus.com/character.html
12 years

Interesting quiz !!
I got neutral smiley
12 years

Hahha I dont remember mine saying Neutral good... just neutral ?
12 years

WitchyMcFottykins wrote:
I am starting to think it gives everyone the same answer smileysmiley

If that were the case, I wouldn't have gotten Lawful Good and Layla wouldn't have gotten Neutral. Don't worry about it. smiley Just a lot of Neutral Good people have done it so far. smiley

Edit: Also Amicus below me just got Chaotic Neutral too. smiley
12 years

lovely_plumper wrote:
AmicusCuriosus wrote:
Chaotic Neutral. I'm not totally opposed to this!

ditto although I have no clue what it means

Think Jack Sparrow. He's always a free spirit even though he does both good and quite dubious things. smiley He's just one example of a Chaotic Neutral character, anyway.
12 years

Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

Bring on the destruction.
12 years

Chaotic evil, surprised.
12 years

Neutral
12 years

Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Dan and Max looks like we're the best
hehehe

quizzes dont lie you know
12 years

Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Keep in mind the alignment suggested by the quiz is just that: a suggestion. It describes your character no better than a 36-question test would describe you. But it’s a good way to start thinking about how your character acts when confronted with issues of alignment.

Now that your character has taken the test, make a note of which questions scored in the opposite direction from your overall alignment. These exceptions can tell some interesting tales about your character Are you a good character with a greedy streak? Are you a lawful character who can’t stand the village elders? Don’t just roleplay your alignment -- roleplay your alignment exceptions, too. Few characters perfectly embody their alignment choice.
12 years
123   loading