General

How ff celebrates the holidays

Watch Die Hard with my family on Christmas Eve that really the only thing set in stone for the holiday Season.We do other things but they change from year to year.
12 years

We go to the beach usually and eat lotsss of seafood smiley
12 years

We spend our days with family. It looks a bit like Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, eating Turkey. Eat a lot smiley
But we celebrate 2 days, so the other day we spend also with family. Sit down talk and eat lots again smiley
12 years

I forgot to tell about the new years celebration.
It is being at home, watching a comedian on telly who looks back on the year joking... and celbrate the moment. After that there is a marquee in the centre of our village in which we celebrate the new year till about 7 in the morning... the rest of newyears day I'll spent getting rid of a hangover smiley
12 years

For Christmas the whole family always fly out to Switzerland for a couple of weeks to stay in my Auntie's chalet. On Christmas morning we wake up early, open a few presents, then go skiing and then have Christmas dinner and open the rest of the presents and get started on the drinks. Then the Boxing day tradition is going to the thermal pools down in the vally, which is great for curing a hangover
12 years

Kid A wrote:
My friends and I throw a Festivus party. Its held on different days at a different house every year sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have Christians, Jews, Atheists and maybe one other religion that comes. We have a holiday themed pot luck with a turkey. Its possibly my favorite holiday event, I definitely look forward to it ever year. Its the most civilized family like activity we do all year for the first couple hours. Until we drink enough to dance the rest of the night away. I wish we could do it again already.

A festivals for the restofus!
12 years