General

Many people like you fat...

...just the way you are. I think that the majority of large people are unaware of the fact that there are plenty of people who find them irresitable. They see the cookie cutter "image" on television and think that they have to look like that to be desirable.

That being said, there are not enough admirers who are willing to admit their true desires, thus leaving the object of their affection in the dark. It reminds of the party scene from "Revenge of the Nerds", where everyone is standing there, yet nobody want's to make the first move. Thoughts?
12 years

Looking back I know I've been a FA from an early age, and I certainly grew up thinking I was a total freak because of my preferences.

Whilst I would agree that the "cookie cutter" image remains pervasive, on the other hand I was chatting earlier to one of the older members of this site and she was commenting wistfully that she wished a place like FF had existed when she was 20 - there simply wasn't really a positive haven for the plus-sized and their admirers. Therefore whilst things are still difficult, it does at least seem to be more acceptable than it was.

Being a part of the FF community has helped confirm and affirm what I already felt deep down - that I am proudly and unashamedly a FA smiley
12 years

Voluptoraptor wrote:
I'm with you there. I fed into this for ages, and thwarted a number of potential relationships growing up because I thought people's advances were some sort of sick joke. (The fact that my self esteem was so awful is really sad.)

Nowadays, I really love myself and am glad to know that there are people that think I'm fab exactly as I am! Unfortunately a lot of women are still incredibly uncomfortable in their own skin (thin, fat and inbetween.) I wish people would stop talking about their "imperfections" all the time. Personally, I don't have any. (I have super fantastic parts, and slightly-less-but-still-fantastic parts.) The notion that any of us are supposed to fit into some vague, impossible to define ideal is nonsense.

I had that happen a few times when asking larger ladies out. They had the assumption that I was doing it for some type of cruel joke. It's like the didn't understand that I was actually interested and attracted to them. But that's the world we live in. if your interests deviate from the standard majority, then your seen as "weird" or perverted even.
12 years

randomlancila wrote:
But the really important thing to remember is it doesn't matter WHO likes you if you don't like yourself first.

I couldn't agree more. Confidence is key. Confidence is sexy.
12 years

i love big guys and i'm pretty sure all of my friends know it! they don't knock my preferences and i don't knock theirs
12 years

I seriously love this thread smiley I have to say I havent had much luck with men in the past but I think that it's not because I am fat but because of a lack of confidence on my part. In some cases I have been the point of many cruel jokes of lets dance with the fat chick for a joke or the she must be easy to get with just because shes fat.Now im working on my head and my own paranoia so that I know everyone isn't out to make fun of me.
11 years