General

British films

British films are great. I loved them before I spent time in the UK and love them even more now since I get so much more of the subtext that only someone who has lived in the country for a while can get.

I just watched "The Trip" the other day. Very British, and very funny smiley
12 years

British films

scrambledegg wrote:
TheIncredibleBulk wrote:
Watched attack the block last nite smiley to say the least some of you may find it horrible but I loved it and find I love most movies made in the uk snatch, Shaun of the dead, doghouse, layer cake, etc I guess this questions go's to all of you out in the UK. Do these movies do well over there and do you guys enjoy it as much as some of us Americans do or do you find them to be crap or even do they not even come out by you?

Course we like them! Although I do think the British Gangster movies are a bit overdone now. There are just too many of them!

I love Shaun of the Dead though, and if you like that and Simon Pegg / Nick Frost, you must watch Hot Fuzz. Personally I think that is their best film to date (some of their more recent stuff has been quite poor).

Do you mean Pegg's and Frost's stuff since in general, or Pegg & Frost's joint ventures? Because Paul wasn't helmed by their friend Edgar Wright. However, The World's End is coming and it's Pegg/Frost/Wright! smiley
12 years

British films

No one mentioned Withnail & I.

Poor show.

Also, 28 days later much better than the "sequel".
12 years

British films

There are good and bad British films smiley

I tend to like the sense of realism I get from them.

I mean take Shaun of the dead. Zombie invasion and where do they go? To the pub! Can't get more real or British than that!
12 years