Gaining

You know you're a gainer when:

You find yourself waxing philosophical about cookies.
11 years

wretty222 wrote:
1) you absently find yourself stroking and cupping your belly while you eat

2) you see 2000 calories as a STARTING goal for the day, not a limit

6) one (or four or five) is never, ever enough

7) you've ordered an entire pizza for yourself before

guilty
11 years

After a big stuffing when your stomach is starting to hurt and you can hardly breath...the feeling makes you actually WANT to take those next few bites.
11 years

When the route you choose for a road trip is not based on the scenery or how quick it is but on the eating opportunities.
11 years

When you run 20 miles and think, damn! I really could go for a protein shake right about now!
11 years

out growing pants like there going out of fashion.

seams true for myself
11 years

[quote]wretty222 wrote:
- you absently find yourself stroking and cupping your belly while you eat

- you see 2000 calories as a STARTING goal for the day, not a limit

- you stop at 3-4 different fast food places to satisfy all your cravings

-one (or four or five) is never, ever enough

- you've ordered an entire pizza for yourself before

I would go to the Golden Corral once out of the week to have my fill on the buffet. On the way home, I would stop at the store and pick up a quart of ice cream, a quart of heavy cream, and cupcakes.

I outgrew some of my clothes already.
11 years

stufferdude wrote:
When you order more than one drink in the drive-though to make it seem like all the food you just ordered is for more than one person.

I did exactly this the other day, I ordered about 3 different things and made sure to get 3 chocolate shakes as well (it was McDonalds) and no one batted an eyelid.. smiley

So many of the things in this list ring true. I definitely always order a large pizza just for me.

Often start off the day with 2,000 kcals being the minimum for the day..

Damn, this list is just so good smiley
11 years

...when you can't quit gaining.

i'll give it up every so often for a variety of reasons. some of them are legitimate, others aren't. i'll even drop 10 or 15 pounds without trying.

but then it sneaks back up on me, like a coyote pouncing on a defenseless rabbit. "gosh that meal was great! dessert? no, i really shou.... aw heck, why not?" before i know it i'm stuffed, and those old familiar thoughts come back to the surface of my mind.

i try to push them away. "no, i don't want to be fat. being just a little chubby is ok, i'll stay like this." but I don't. I visit all of the eateries i have been avoiding, stuffing my face a little more each time.

before I know it, i'm fatter than i was before i quit. I stand in the mirror, admiring my belly, and i love every bit of it.
11 years

Bridabee wrote:
When you think "hmm maybe I'll diet down a few pounds" and then think... "no cheesecake, ice cream, and fat juicy burgers are SOOOO much yummier, not to mention easier" haha

Reminds me of a cartoon I wrote:
11 years