Gaining

Consumerism and feederism?

So I’ve been thinking recently about Feederism in the context of our economy. Corporations needs to constantly increase revenues right? Where’s the growth coming from this quarter? Well at a certain point, given population growth, it’s safe to assume that their growth would begin to slow after a certain point right? You can’t keep hitting new record highs unless those sales are coming from abroad.

Advertising and food creation and production seem to have been boiled down to a science, where producers can have the look and feel of ads and food play on your natural instincts to generate a craving or desire for a product. Additionally, food products (not the ones made by the mom and pop shops, but instead the ones made by larger companies) are “designed” to generate want. They appeal to your evolutionary senses in subtle ways that may not even be recognized.

The only way to increase revenues domestically is by simply having more people eat more. The more people eat, the higher their sales, the bigger society becomes. So as pressure mounts, do you think the trend toward greater revenues, fiercer advertising, and more appealing products will cause most of America to over-indulge in ever larger numbers? And will this affect our perception of fat sexuality, acceptance, or feederism more generally?

Just a thought…
11 years

Consumerism and feederism?

It's possible but I think it'll probably get worse before it gets better. Which is to say, as society gets fatter there will probably be an increased amount of fat shaming and size discrimination until it reaches a tipping point. That point being when everyone is so overweight that fat shaming will have no effect and therefore no logical application in society.

But honestly, even my paradigm doesn't really work. Because as fat shaming and size discrimination increase the diet industry tries ever bolder methods to get people exercising and losing weight. Weight loss drugs will become increasingly prevalent and WLS will become more common too. It's just hard to say which side of the scenario will reach the tipping point first. Hatred or Apathy. (I needn't say what would happen if Hatred reaches its tipping point first, history is rather clear on that fact...)
11 years