Gaining

Experimental gain q. 2

I figure if a feedee does an experimental gain to see if they like it they should gain at least 10% of their body weight...otherwise it won't be that noticeable.

More than 10% would be better in some ways, since they would get a better taste of the eating/gaining life.

On the other hand, the more they gain, the more they risk not being able to lose the weight if they change their mind.

So what's the ideal number?
11 years

Experimental gain q. 2

I agree 10% or 20 pounds is a good amount to decide to keep gaining or not.
11 years

Experimental gain q. 2

I think its necesary more than 10% to know it. Al least 15% or 20%
11 years

Experimental gain q. 2

Heroin_Chic wrote:
I don't think you can really put a number or percent on it because everyone carries their weight differently. I have some friends where if they gain 2 lbs, it's noticeable, and I have some friends that pack on like 40 and you really can't even tell. Also it seems like this is kind of simplified down to the physical aspects, and I think if you want to truly actively gain you need to take into account the mental aspects of wanting it too. Just a thought

While true to an extent, some of that may have to do with how those friends dress. 10% is the generally accepted threshold for "public noticeability". But, truly, most individuals would notice the change before other people did.
11 years

Experimental gain q. 2

AJ43 wrote:
I think it depends a lot on your starting weight, and also how big you can see yourself in the future. For those starting at a lower weight (say under 150 lbs depending on height), a 5-10 lb gain may be sufficient, whereas for a heavier person who would like to reach the 300s or more, a 10% gain may be a better idea. I started out at 150, went up to 170, and then my deliberate gain has been around 20 lbs, up to 190. Rather than being a trial gain, this is pretty much the maximum weight I want, give or take 10 lbs, so I think it does entirely depend on the individual and their preferences.

Looks like the experiment was a success!
10 years

Experimental gain q. 2

I'm currently 140lbs but was 150lbs at my heaviest. So I think I would need to aim for 165 as an experimental gain, as that would be 10% of my heaviest weight.
9 years

Experimental gain q. 2

MrsJellyBelly wrote:
I've gained about 15 and my husband can only tell when I'm fully undressed. And 13 would be my 10%... So more is needed to be publicly noticeable. This is of course without a full belly since that's only temp

Do you reckon public noticeability is required?

How much more would need to gain to achieve that?
9 years