General

Tv's "fat for cash"

Some observations and musing's. I was wondering if anyone else here saw that channel 5 UK TV show last night, depicting the lives of some well known ssbbw's?.
I sat and watched the show with my most delightfully plump fiancee, we just couldn't understand the strange mentality of some of the people featured, to be fat, fair enough, even really fat, we could see that,but to go down a short route to an early grave for few quick buck's letting people watch your become immobile, all whilst living alone is just sad to see.
The really fat 40 yr old woman with the teenagers begging her to lose weight, is just bonkers,she has reached the end of the gaining road IMO, and should consider losing some weight to save her health. To see her supposed agent/friend encouraging her to gain more was just exploiting her for his own gain.
The women all appeared to be single and couldn't help but wonder of their happiness with their lot. Watching the very beautiful Jennifer (Xjuta) with a regular fan visiting and paying her to squash him, I thought if he likes her that much why,don't they just date/ get together, do their thing in a loving relationship. I thought what Sammie Matthews was doing in Vegas with the big girls dancing club was a great idea and could only go from strength to strength. I would love so much to visit a club like that and see ssbbw's pole dancing in sexy gear. It will catch on and get busier but it will take time as she is catering to a niche market. People will come from a far if they are sure it is going to still be open for business. There are many gainers and ssbbw's , some on here, that I often wonder if they would be far happier if they waited till they formed loving caring relationships with their admirers and then became fat from the hedonistic contentedness that only a loving relationship can bring, rather than trying to make ends meet selling themselves on clipsforsale. Im spoken for :-),, but Jennifer if I was single I would love to date you and have you do your stuff just for me :-)smiley
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

wreckless wrote:
Some observations and musing's. I was wondering if anyone else here saw that channel 5 UK TV show last night, depicting the lives of some well known ssbbw's?.
I sat and watched the show with my most delightfully plump fiancee, we just couldn't understand the strange mentality of some of the people featured, to be fat, fair enough, even really fat, we could see that,but to go down a short route to an early grave for few quick buck's letting people watch your become immobile, all whilst living alone is just sad to see.
The really fat 40 yr old woman with the teenagers begging her to lose weight, is just bonkers,she has reached the end of the gaining road IMO, and should consider losing some weight to save her health. To see her supposed agent/friend encouraging her to gain more was just exploiting her for his own gain.
The women all appeared to be single and couldn't help but wonder of their happiness with their lot. Watching the very beautiful Jennifer (Xjuta) with a regular fan visiting and paying her to squash him, I thought if he likes her that much why,don't they just date/ get together, do their thing in a loving relationship. I thought what Sammie Matthews was doing in Vegas with the big girls dancing club was a great idea and could only go from strength to strength. I would love so much to visit a club like that and see ssbbw's pole dancing in sexy gear. It will catch on and get busier but it will take time as she is catering to a niche market. People will come from a far if they are sure it is going to still be open for business. There are many gainers and ssbbw's , some on here, that I often wonder if they would be far happier if they waited till they formed loving caring relationships with their admirers and then became fat from the hedonistic contentedness that only a loving relationship can bring, rather than trying to make ends meet selling themselves on clipsforsale. Im spoken for :-),, but Jennifer if I was single I would love to date you and have you do your stuff just for me :-)smiley

Wreckless, I'm not quite sure why your emphasis on the need for these women to be in relationships?

You didn't appear to have considered whether or not Xutjja herself wanted a relationship with that client of hers you mentioned. You made it sound as if it would be just a question of him needing to offer, at which point she would gratefully and unquestioningly accept!

I don't understand why you feel someone should wait until they are in "a loving caring relationship" before they gain weight. You also seem to assume that they would only need or want to sell clips whilst single. It might be that someone in a relationship still wished or needed to sell clips for a variety of reasons in any event (financial, own gratification, etc).

You may on reflection also feel that your enthusiasm for BBWs pole-dancing in a club is slightly incompatible with your opinions about the first lady you mention, who in your view should lose weight. The first group are "acceptably big" to you, but the other lady is "unacceptably big". The interplay of reasons why someone big becomes bigger are extremely complex. Losing weight is not just a matter of deciding to quit eating burgers (as if you've made a decision you will no longer wear pink). However you're happy to endorse the "big" but condemn the "really big" without any examination of what happens in between - factors psychological, physical, environmental and financial, in a usually highly complex and inextricable way.
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

Xutjja Plag wrote:
foxglove wrote:
Wreckless, I'm not quite sure why your emphasis on the need for these women to be in relationships?

You didn't appear to have considered whether or not Xutjja herself wanted a relationship with that client of hers you mentioned. You made it sound as if it would be just a question of him needing to offer, at which point she would gratefully and unquestioningly accept!

I don't understand why you feel someone should wait until they are in "a loving caring relationship" before they gain weight. You also seem to assume that they would only need or want to sell clips whilst single. It might be that someone in a relationship still wished or needed to sell clips for a variety of reasons in any event (financial, own gratification, etc).

You may on reflection also feel that your enthusiasm for BBWs pole-dancing in a club is slightly incompatible with your opinions about the first lady you mention, who in your view should lose weight. The first group are "acceptably big" to you, but the other lady is "unacceptably big". The interplay of reasons why someone big becomes bigger are extremely complex. Losing weight is not just a matter of deciding to quit eating burgers (as if you've made a decision you will no longer wear pink). However you're happy to endorse the "big" but condemn the "really big" without any examination of what happens in between - factors psychological, physical, environmental and financial, in a usually highly complex and inextricable way.

That was very well said.

If someone gave me the ultimatum of choosing between them and my career I would choose my career every time. Part of being in a relationship with me is accepting what I do for a living. Along with my entourage of cats, turtles and fish.

Can't really add much,other than I agree with this.Wreckless,it's really rather silly to try and judge anybody whom you've never met and don't know personally,from a few selected qoutations lasting minutes in an hour long documentary.
I resent the implication that being single makes you a sad loser...I'm a professional person and I'm single.Are you going to lecture me on that too?I'm bisexual and have straight and bi female friends and gay male friends..does that mean I should have sex with them?
In the time constraints that there are for these things,I thought the programme was fair and balanced and I have a lot of respect for all the women who took the gamble of taking part...came out wellyou should be proud of yourselves.
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

Contrapasso wrote:
Positives: The Vegas club seems amazing! Also, I thought you came across really well, Xjuta.

What bothered me was story of 'SinfullyDivine'.

A quote from DrScott, re her work: 'She doesn't have to do anything other than lay in a kiddie pool and her fans will pay for it.' While this is probably true in some cases, and I do realise that women of her size are a rarity, it kind of reinforces the idea that the only prerequisite for modelling is being fat, and other than that, you don't really have to do anything. I don't think that's true, I mean, I can think of tons of plus size girls that model who are incredibly dynamic and really work for their fan-base, creating quality content. Just because fat girls are somewhat of a niche market shouldn't mean you just get lazy and do nothing because that's what sells. I wouldn't really care, but to a virgin audience SinfullyDivine makes the fat modelling seem as a lazy, exploitative profession.

If she wants to risk her health I don't think that's anybody's business but hers, it'd be self-righteous for anyone to tell her what to do with her own body. What upset me, though, was how obvious it is her daughter really wants her to lose weight and resents having to look after her. It's incredibly selfish of that woman to force her children to take care of her because of the position her lifestyle choices have landed her in. I couldn't believe that her response to her daughter's protests about having to take care of her were something along the lines of: "I deserve to be happy, I'm not going to live a lie" etc. I think everyone has a right to be happy and to feel good about themselves. I believe that what you do with your body is your prerogative but her choices aren't just affecting her, they're affecting her family.

We've got to be careful,they were short (minutes),edited clips.I really do think you would have to meet someone and spend some hours talking to them and their family,before even attempting to pass judgment.You might be right,but would you like someone who you'd never met,saying things about you,based on a few TV snippets of you?Don't think I would.Not having a go and you seem nice,just think you would need to hear more from her and her family before forming that conclusion.
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

Hi all, I really didn't mean to cause any offense to anyone here by my opening post, more just to start debate with a few musings over the TV show, I think I may have done that. I do appreciate what you say Eve, about it being a place of sanctuary for fat people and all that is great about the form, I do love it too, my girl is wonderfully curvy, she knows how I adore every inch of her :-). I enjoyed the positive aspects of the show, some good stuff, but some scenes, well, the clue is in the title. Am I really the villain of the peace?, just in a way looking out for the long term health of some of the gorgeous woman on here.
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

Eve hits the nail on the head. The Good Fatty/Bad Fatty dichotomy (and subsequent shaming of the latter for not being 'acceptable' ) is functionally no different from the Thin/Fat one that most of the rest of society subscribes to. Same shit, moved goalposts.
10 years

Tv's "fat for cash"

eve wrote:
wreckless wrote:
Am I really the villain of the peace?, just in a way looking out for the long term health of some of the gorgeous woman on here.

Well.. yes, you are the "villain of the piece" as you put it, since you were the one that was rude and negative about a woman on the show,which is against what our site stands for. The name of the show was Fat For Cash, so what? You are ALL FOR the fat pole dancers. I won't even go into the hypocrisy, as I'd be here for hours.

Eve, I don't think he gets it. It's a lost cause.

smiley

I hope his "delightfully plump", "wonderfully curvy" fiancee gets out now. One day she might not quite fit within the defined parameters, whether by her own choice or not, and get called a "huge quivering immobile jelly". Hope she has a large frying pan and the car keys to hand when that happens.
10 years