Gaining

Adjusting to the gainer's diet

People usually come on here for advice on how to gain; I put on about fifty pounds over the course of three months last year, so I thin***now what I'm doing. I have a different problem. I decided to start gaining again after taking a break from last year, but this time I've been having a hard time adjusting. I know eating before bed is key, but I find that every time I do it I have a rough time getting to sleep and I'm restless all night. My appetite is not so great either. Also, my digestive system isn't taking it so well. I feel like one of those middle-aged guys who used to great runners or whatever trying to relive their glory days, only to find they can't handle it anymore. I'm only 22, but I feel like I'm past my gaining prime. Any ideas how to cope with some of these issues?
10 years

Stick with it. Try not force yourself too hard to quickly as things might backfire.
10 years

Eating before bed is not required. Makes it hard to sleep, as your metabolism revs up to digest all that food. It's also harder to digest if you're not moving around.
10 years

You know, I've also found that doing a little bit of exercise seemed to help. Not cardio, but some weightlifting now and again would really stimulate the appetite and make me more tired in the evenings. Maybe I should actually do a little gym stuff. If I go at least eight times a month, I get some kind of health insurance discount. Ironic, seeing as how getting fit isn't the goal in this case.
10 years