General

Men shapes.

Weight gain occurs in various distributions due to a variety of factors. Some people have already hit on major factors such as genetics and how your clothes can impact the adipose distribution. A lot of the puzzle has to do with your bodies sensitivity to insulin. Healthy (if you can call it that) weight gain, where your body is still sensitive to insulin, will tend to cause fat accumulation sucutaneously (under the skin). This will mean you will develop more soft jiggly fat. As the body becomes accustomed to excess sugar in the blood, cells lose sensitivity to insulin and fat tends to deposite in the abdominal cavity which causes a bulge underneath the abdominal muscles and so the belly will be more firm due the muscular rigidity holding the fat inside. Along with that belly fat and diabetes often comes vascular disease, and so the parts of the body at the end of very long arteries (the arms and legs) become starved of blood and will lose muscle mass and become thin and lankey. Hence the typical huge belly with chicken legs look in some older folks.

As Mr. Bear stated above, trans fats and saturated fats can cause a more "stiff" fat becuase those molecules tend to cause insulin insensitivity in your body. The deposition will largely be intra-abdominal, inside your belly, and cause the harder apple shaped gut.

Testosterone also seems to affect fat distribution. More testosterone tends to cause intraabdominal fat deposition. This is often demonstrated in PCOS, a type of female hormonal disorder, where women produce an excess of sex hormones and are also often "apple" shaped. There isn't much you can do about that as long as you have you boy parts, and i am not advocating removing those any time soon.

A possible way to overcome this is to exercise a bit to prevent insulin insensitivity and therefore belly fat from forming while maintaining enough caloric comsumption to gain weight. You may put weight on in a more stereotypical pear shape. If you can also avoid the "bad fats" as Kat implied then you will also increase your odds of developing a softer fat. This is not a guarantee, as your genes, current insulin sensitivity, clothes, and perhaps other factors such as your manism also play a role in your general fat distribution, but best of luck to you.

Sorry to write so much, but i hope you may find it helpful.
17 years

Men shapes.

Teddy Bear wrote:
one evening he attacked me, and violently assaulted me. As a result, I spent three days in the hospital and he spent nine months in the slammer.

While I was trying to take care of him after his stroke, he took advantage of me, and he literally made me his (b i t c h)!!!

You see, I care about other people, sometimes too much, and then I get taken advantage of, because I'm a kind and gentle obese little wimp. smiley

Surely it's mentally healthier and generally advantageous to appropriately show a range of emotions? If someone is beating you or taking advantage it pays to be able to fight back. I'd love to believe that benevolence it the key to a peaceful life, but nobody can account for the agression or dominance of others. It's sort of like expecting a snake not to bite you because you love snakes.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be a wimp at all, I think people should be able to live as they please so long as they cause no harm to anyone, but my personal philosophy is that when someone is causing harm to you, you've got to at least try to stop them, even if it means stepping outside of your usual emotional comfort zone.

as for the rest of this thread, it's fascinating. I've gained most of my fat from overeating foods rich in carbohydrates and i also drink a lot of juice, usually at least one glass a day, ever since I can remember. and my fat is extremely soft so that would suggest what people are saying here is true. Also I don't eat much animal fat on account of being vegetarian. Although I probably have eaten a fair amount of trans fats in the past, in the last couple of years i've tried my best to cut them out completely due to the dangers they pose.
17 years