General

Does anyone skank?

I mean, c'mon now.

Threads about Heavy metal, hardcore punk, pop, rock, best albums...

No threads (that I see) about Ska music?! It's a dream come true when Ska starts to play!! While I can tell you it's not pretty to see a 6'2" 375lbs man try to skank in a crowd, I enjoy the heck out of it!

Reel Big Fish, Bosstones, Insyderz, Sublime, Streetlight Manifesto, O.C. Supertones....

No? C'mon, I know there's some Ska nuts on this site!
10 years

Does anyone skank?

Could you explain to me what Skank is? I always thought it was a type of woman
10 years

Does anyone skank?

You know what? I didn't even think of that.

Sorry if the subject is taken in the wrong context. lol
I thought Ska fans would get it right away and everyone else would just go "Eh, next" lol

Anyways: Skanking(AND in a funny video)

I used to work at a skate rink and we did concerts on Saturday nights after skate sessions were over. A ska band came one night and there was a guy, I swear he was 6'6" 520lbs out there skanking.
We dubbed it "The John Candy Skank"
10 years

Does anyone skank?

I prefer second wave myself.
10 years

Does anyone skank?

retrogasm wrote:
I saw this thread and got real happy. Going to so many shows this month and next.

Nice, what one are you looking forward to the most?
10 years

Does anyone skank?

yeah i hate that word because it implies that a hoe is automatically a woman and you have to add man onto it
kind of like the term white trash

but anyway wtf is skank lol
10 years

Does anyone skank?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skank_%28dance%29

Skanking is a form of dancing practiced in the ska, ska punk, hardcore punk, reggae and other music scenes.

The dance style originated in the 1950s or 1960s at Jamaican dance halls, where ska music was played.[1] British mods and skinheads of the 1960s adopted these types of dances and altered them. The dancing style was revived during the 1970s and 1980s 2 Tone era, and has been adopted by some individuals in the hardcore punk subculture.

Originally, skanking consisted of a “running man” motion of the legs to the beat while alternating bent-elbow fist-punches, left and right.[1] Over time, however, variations have emerged across the musical world. The punk version features a sharp striking out look with the arms, and is sometimes used in moshing to knock around others doing the same.
10 years

Does anyone skank?

No one watched the awkward dancer video? He was skankin in it!

Go ahead, check it out! Lol
10 years

Does anyone skank?

SpikeZombie wrote:
I adore ska
Five iron frenzy is my fav

I refuse to skank though >.>

FIF and Supertones are two of my favorites. Actually they are the first two ska bands I heard and got me into it. Not sure why you refuse to hit the floor skankin' though lol

As for the older ska bands everyone is mentioning. I gave most a listen and it's just not as fun to me. I'll stick with the more modern stuff/punk-ska...
10 years