General

Favourite movie watched - 2013

I went to see Iron-Man 3 and Hangover 3 in a Movie Tavern. They have great drinks and awesome nachos, so the experience was sweet.

However, my favorite movie of 2013 so far is 'Prisoners'. I haven't seen American Hustle or Anchorman 2 just yet though.

Prisoners was well done, even though they could have edited it to be 2 hours instead of 2 1/2.
10 years

Gravity is the first that comes to mind.
10 years

I don't see many movies, but Blue Jasmine was phenomenal.
10 years

American Hustle
10 years

HerMajestyTokyo wrote:
I just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for the first time and I loved it. if it has to be a movie that was released this year, not just one we're seeing for the first time, then Catching Fire and The Way Way Back were both really great.

WHAT?!

I can't find ANYONE who saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It made me a fan of Val Kilmer and reminded me why I love Robert Downey.

So well done too. Directing, Editing, cinematography... but that's just my inner film nerd going on and on. I watch to learn
10 years

Hmm, as a popcorn movie I'd have to go with Pacific Rim. As a serious piece I'd have to go with Gravity, Captain Phillips, 12 Years a Slave or Rush.

OH AND I FORGOT SHARKNADO. WHO COULD FORGET SHARKNADO.

Oh and before the year is out, I might add Walter Mitty and the Wolf of Wall Street to the list (all hail the great Scorsese).
10 years

Prisoners is probably the best I've seen this year. It certainly managed to stay good despite the amount of anticipation. My regular weekly cinema-going group outvoted me twice and saw Runner Runner and Sunshine on Leith before finally relenting and going to see *my* choice of film. Runner Runner was awful. Sunshine on Leith...would probably have been good, if it weren't for the fact that I was hoping to see Prisoners that night, and emotionally they're such different films that it's hard to enjoy one if you're prepared for the other!

Also enjoyed The World's End. Not quite as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, but still a laugh.
10 years

Don't think I can pick a favorite. Catching Fire and The Desolation of Smaug were both huge improvements over their previous movies, and Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, and The World's End were all much more enjoyable than I expected them to be.

I generally rank movies by how likely I'll be to rewatch them, so by that standard I'd have to go with The World's End.
10 years

Iron man 3, Thor the dark world, and American Hustle
10 years

best movies so far in 2013
Desolation of Smaug
Catching fire

worst movie in 2013, and perhaps worst movie ever: after earth
10 years