General

What causes a fat fetish?

Pregnancy.

When my wife became pregnant she loved the feeling of being bigger. She gave away all of her old skinny clothes after the pregnancy.

And it was the constant feeding, stuffing and late night begging for fast food during her pregnancy that awoke me to being a dyed-in-the wool feeder.

It was the night after Halloween she accidentally ate ALL of my son's candy and made me secretly run out to replace it. I was so aroused – it was then I looked into this being "a thing".
5 years

I have to admit mine was recognized out of being an asshole.

She was in my grade 7/8 classes at a 7/8 school. I was 11-13. I had just basically gone along with the crowd. You make fun of fat people and this girl was the token fat girl. Everybody did it at one point or another. I even happened to get her for that 'Secret Santa' game we did in one class. What did I give her? A TV dinner.

Me being the young idiot I was I still hadn't fully comprehended my sexuality at the time. It wasn't until sometime in the summer after this school that I realized what I really felt.... I was extremely attracted to her and she was absolutely beautiful. She even had the personality to back it up. She never seemed to be ashamed of her weight and was also quite content with it. Despite being bullied by so many people she always stayed strong.

I managed to track her down online (back in the days of MSN) years after those school days and apologized for being such an asshole. I didn't admit to liking her though. That was about it. And that was going on 10 years ago.

I've seen her in a couple of odd times in public since. Never said anything. Just admired that she's still just as (and probably more) fat as always. Seems to be the always has been, always will be type. The prefect body: think everywhere, big fat boobs, ass, and a round belly. And she always appears to so fully enjoy herself.
5 years

I became enthralled with big bellies at a young age. Growing up in an Italian family where food was the center of everything and family get-togethers meant everyone stuffing themselves, I think this had an impact on what turned me on later in life. Watching my aunt and female cousin stuff themselves and then lean back in their chairs and rub their swollen bellies really turned me on when I reached puberty. That same cousin getting married at a young age and promptly gaining 50 lbs. also fueled my weight gain fantasies. My uncle completely gave in to gluttony and packed on over 100 lbs. during my teenage years. My aunt kept feeding him and I loved how the buttons on his shirts looked as though they would explode after a big meal. He lived to eat and became an inspiration for me.

In junior high I found myself turned on by chubby and fat teachers. In high school, I really enjoyed watching my female classmates fatten up over the 4 years we were together. Senior year I found myself dating 4 different chubby girls and my friends would tease me for liking fat chicks which quite honestly turned me on. It wasn't until my mid-thirties that I decided to let myself go and I gained 130 lbs. over a 12 year period. I found my own fattening really turned me on as well. My desire for fat women has only increased with age. I think it is an inherent part of my DNA. This along with my family and real world experiences have only heightened my desires. Now that I am older I truly love fat women of all sizes and SSBBWs 300 to 600 lbs. really light my fire. I just love all things fat!
5 years

Cartoons were definitely something that contributed to mine - especially the ones when the subject is forced into gaining weight.

Pigs is Pigs was one for sure, as well as Hansel and Gretel.

The fair scene in Charlotte's Web as well...
5 years

I don't think these sexual interests are developed during childhood but instead intrinsic to our being, there in our psyche's from before birth.
5 years

I became aware of my fat fetish in junior high school. After the summer and I started back to school, my best friend returned to school 30lbs heavier. By the end of the school year, she was well over 225 lbs. I couldn't help but feel fascinated with the weight gain. Even now, when I think of that experience, I want to gain more weight.
5 years

Betty FA:
I became aware of my fat fetish in junior high school. After the summer and I started back to school, my best friend returned to school 30lbs heavier. By the end of the school year, she was well over 225 lbs. I couldn't help but feel fascinated with the weight gain. Even now, when I think of that experience, I want to gain more weight.

My fetish does not include weight gain for me. I like it just on women.
No idea how typical that is in this community but my own fat does nothing for me.
5 years

august:
It can also be acquired. Many people who were formerly fat phobic got into this fetish after they were exposed to belly play and weight gain videos on YouTube, Tumblr, etc.

Makes you wonder. If you went about secretly exposing chubbophobes to belly play and weight gain content to convert them, what kind of success rate would you see?
5 years

Lollipop Guilt:
In my opinion it is something you are born with. Same I think about those who now have a "fat fetish" and were totally into fitness, being slim and so on. I think often that is not a general fat fetish but one of body control/modification then.

Plus - for the sake of honesty - some who actually have an addiction or a actual eating disorder rather than a fat fetish.

I would never judge which is which for other people. I can say that since puberty I always got wet when eating much, liked chubby girls and guys more and hate the thought of having to stop gaining. Nowadays I look at really fat ssbbw and think "Wow, her ankles are so fat they overlap her shoes - I want that too". I just get aroused by that stuff and always have been. Born this way.
Same
5 years

When I was 16, I was really into a super hot girl that I hooked up once. Then she got really fat. So my brain shortcircuited and had to either stop liking her or like fat girls.
5 years
1234   loading