General

Sticking around (or not)!

why would anybody leave when there is so much fat? smiley
10 years

Been here since 2009. I've never deleted my account but I've taken breaks before
10 years

I've taken a hiatus every now and then. But I've never actually deleted my account, I didn't really see the point in taking that step because I knew I'd just come back eventually anyway and I didn't want the content I'd generated over the years to disappear.

For me, the leaving was due to beginning to feel a little bored about the site, or just not having time. Don't get me wrong having my parents find out I'm a gainer still freaks me out (though I think the worst would actually be my brother finding out because he can be a real d!ck about a lot of things).

Anyway, I always wind up coming back because I realize that this site really represents my best chance for finding an actual fulfilling relationship wherein I can really be myself. Completely, and not have to hide being a gainer and wannabe-feedee.

Plus, there's a certain solace in knowing that there is at least one haven for fat-love on the internet.
10 years

I actually chat regularly with someone who has done that. She's really cool, but has always done it because there are too many pervy morons.

She would delete the account and after a few days of not being able to put down the fork and spoon, she would come back. Then she'd be hassled for a week and delete the account, sleep, repeat...

I love her to death though. haha
10 years

I had an account for a few years that I really didn't use, and when I decided to be a more active participant in this board and the wider (pun intended? not sure smiley) community via meets & stuff I thought it would be better to start from scratch. Can't see myself doing the same again, though, for the fairly obvious reason that this account is now used on a fairly regular basis and so there's a back-catalogue of stuff that would disappear.
10 years

Well, welcome back Clairey.
10 years

LOL I left the site and I started this thread, d'oh! But to be fair I'd had my profile since 2008! I left recently because I'd resigned as a mod and just wanted all the related content mostly in terms of forum posts gone.

I also wanted to remove several 'friends' who were people I hadn't spoken to in years and the site sends that stupid 'I am no longer your friend' message when you remove them!

So starting fresh was the only way really. I was in two minds about using the same name, but I wanted old friends to be able to find me, so I decided to keep it.
9 years

The trouble with deleting your account is it removes all your forum entries, which can render other forum entries incomprehensible.

It's better just to leave the account but not come in here, or change your password to something random that you won't remember.
9 years