Gaining

Mens double belly?

how can you tell if your fat is subcutaneous or not? Lol I always wanted a double belly and I was told that having a belt around your stomach may help it form? Not sure if it works or not tho..
9 years

Mens double belly?

Elanor wrote:
Subcutaneous fat is the kind that feels soft to the touch and you can grab it. It forms rolls and folds and causes cellulite (mostly for women, but not always, and some men get cellulite too). It has a tendency to go flabby and hang. It's basically a layer of fat forming right under your skin.

Visceral fat forms inside your abdominal cavity. You can't touch it from the outside, it's hiding under your abdominal muscles (or whatever vestiges of those that haven't quite disappeared lol). Visceral fat results usually in a beach ball or pregnant looking belly. It's not flabby. It's sometimes referred to as "hard fat", although this term isn't quite correct, because it's not actually the fat that is hard, but the abdominal wall is somewhat rigid from the pressure within the abdominal cavity.

I personally think the belt story is a bit of a chicken and egg deal. If you have a double belly/narrower waist, then it's natural to wear your belt in that spot. Wearing your belt on a part of your body that is not the widest bit usually results in belts not staying in the same spot. However, the belt being in the narrowest part may help in keeping that part narrower than the rest of the belly. Who knows. I don't think scientists worry about these sorts of things.

ohh then im loaded with Subcutaneous fats then XD
9 years