General

Meet up stories: good or bad!

[quote]Steevie wrote:
1) Has anyone in here ever met up with anyone else?
Yes
1a) How did it go? Are you still in touch?
Very nicely, including everything
Unfortunately not

2) what's the best/worst date or meeting you've ever had from meeting someone online?[
Not sure if I got the question right, but anyhow, doesn`t do so much online dating
/quote]
9 years

Yeah I've met up with a fair few!

I've had mixed results - I spent a weekend/night with a few guys from here before only for them to stop speaking to me right after... but I like to think that was when I was young and naive. I reckon I take control of the situation now!
So yeah, some flings... one was a year long relationship so that's pretty positive. Also, I've made a few friends too who I meet up with every so often, which is awesome. It's nice how we can keep it plutonic. Although can be a bit awkward when trying to explain to people how we know each other hahaha.

I can't really think about worst dates and best dates, none of them were really horrendous at the time!

It's well worth meeting up with someone from here though. Just make sure you're not too emotionally invested before you do. That's my advice! smiley
9 years

Met up with Ghost today. Had a pretty good nerd-tastic conversation.
9 years

I didn't meet anyone from FF, but I have met people from another BBW/FA site whom I am still friends with. I have also been on dates with several people from regular dating sites. Some of them have been very good (2 long relations), but I also once met someone who did not say a single word unless I asked her something, not even on a 2nd date when the ice was already broken. But the worst was a pathological liar who had lied about everything in her life, including how she lost her best friend in an accident, lost her baby due to an physically abusive ex and her suicidal ideas. She even got me so far to go and see shrink with her. I found out she was lying when I read "her" story in an article in an old magazine and confronted her.
9 years