Feedback and suggestions

Working through issues

I'm getting mixed messages here since some people say that it works better on mobile devices and other that it's not as good.

Please could you let me know what type of mobile and browser you are using and also what the main problems are.
9 years

Working through issues

Is anyone else having issues with the messages? I've sent messages and get no reply for days. When the reply does come I've been told by the person that this is the 3rd time they've tried to message me back. I hadn't gotten anything they had tried to send me. I know how to check to see if I have new messages so I don't think its that.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this up and to see if I'm the only one.
9 years

Working through issues

It seems like things get worse as fast as they get better. Do you even have dedicated SQA? Version control? Regression testing? With this complex a system you need to be organized.
9 years

Working through issues

The bug that links to upgrade page when viewing pictures has returned. On combined package. smiley
9 years

Working through issues

Some users with the combined upgrade were accidentally given two social and one dating package during the switchover to the new website, instead of one of each. I've now switched one of your social packages over to fantasy. If anyone else have this problem please let me know and I'll switch your package over also. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.
9 years

Working through issues

No worries.
Thanks very much.
9 years

Working through issues

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but I have a new message that I'm unable to read. There is a message instead that says "no items found". Are we now able to unsend messages? If so, how do we get rid of the new message notification?
9 years

Working through issues

TommyGun:
Is anyone else having issues with the messages? I've sent messages and get no reply for days. When the reply does come I've been told by the person that this is the 3rd time they've tried to message me back. I hadn't gotten anything they had tried to send me. I know how to check to see if I have new messages so I don't think its that.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this up and to see if I'm the only one.

The problem I've seen is that there are TWO reply buttons; one for creating a reply and another for sending a reply once you've created it. The first one should disappear after you click it. The second one should be called "send". Otherwise you can very easily (as I have) click on the wrong reply button and think you've sent the message when all you've done is destroy your nicely-crafted message.
8 years

Working through issues

**Important: i am a site member who has volunteered to help test the new site. I am not an administrator, nor in any other official capacity. I am also not an insider: much of what is going on is as mysterious to me as any of the rest of us amongst regular membership. The following is my opinion based upon my experiences, nothing more.**

AskDrFeeder:
Do you even have dedicated SQA? Version control? Regression testing?

Sonic Purity:
SQA: I know there�s at least one motivated volunteer QA tester (me). You may recall that Hiccupx recruited FF2 beta testers starting months ago. I have no idea if there are 50, 12, 3, or 0 others. I do know that some bugs i found during the FF2 pre-release beta phase were fixed, and that others were deemed necessary to push out until after the public release/switchover (i.e. where we are now). Some of these choices surprised me (the bugs struck me as important to address), but i�m an outsider, with no idea of the constraints, pressures, goals, deadlines, etc. involved.

Version control: as an outside beta tester, i was not exposed to these sorts of internals. My focus is front end HTML/CSS, my area of expertise.

Regression testing: from out here, only FF2 beta vs. regression to the live FF1 site, when they were separate and both running. I did do some regression testing vs. FF1, but validating that FF2 did not break any functional aspect of FF1 didn�t seem to be part of the mandate. I can only hope that this was happening on the back end.

))Sonic((
(former Apple SQA tester)

I'm glad there's some SQA going on!

Is there a version number somewhere for citation by bug reports? I personally would find it very hard to report or fix bugs otherwise.
8 years