Fat experiences

Weight perception

So I weigh about 323. I know I'm not small but I compare my size to all my fellow brothers and sisters here on FF. I know some of you proudly tip the scales at 375, 400, 450 and up. So I see myself as medium at best. The perception of my everyday world sees it very different. As I have grown these past two years those surrounding me have pointed out to me that I'm "huge" and "gotten so big". Family have pointed out that I'm the biggest one in the family. Co workers whispering to each other and strangers snickering. When you spend enough time in this community It is easy to forget that being over 300 can be be viewed as the same as 400 in "everyday world."
8 years

Weight perception

This is a great point!

Not only with myself but with my wife. After being on here and other like sites looking at womens figures that are much bigger I then tend to look at my wife as skinny....where as most people would think she is really chunky or overweight. I can't wait till she gets much bigger like 50-75 Lbs more..... while others think she should lose 40-50 Lbs. already.

It definitely skews our perception of weight and size.
8 years