Fat experiences

Ashamed of liking bigger people?

I have always been pretty confident sporting if you will my girlfriends who were always chubbier or chunky by societies main standards but all very pretty back when I was younger and in High school.

When I was in college even more confident ended up dating the heaviest girl I had dated. She was beautiful but by societies standards kinda Fat...which I really loved. She was in a sorority and very popular...she was kind of the hottest sorority girl that was now Fat. She wasn't really Fat in my eyes just sexy and the biggest girlfriend I have had but other guy's on campus would think she was very hot if she would lose 50 Lbs. I was walking with her holding hands one day up on campus going to class when a few of my team mates passed by and stopped and while we were talking for a bit I was kind of imagining what they were thinking not really caring but the thought crossed my mind. Later on I found out they gave me some compliments about her but one said to be careful I didn't suffocate in her huge breasts. I am sure they were like most of the guy's on campus who thought she was totally hot if she lost like 50 lbs.

As I am much older my wife who is similar height to this ex college girlfriend probably are close to the same size when she was a bit heavier but I never think of anyone thinking of her being Fat and if I did it kind of turns me on. I do however dream of my wife gaining a lot of weight....like weighing 300+ Lbs on her 5' 3" figure and I know she would look so hot and I don't think that I would ever be ashamed of her but totally turned on if people thought she was Fat.
8 years

Well said SLT! Good for you! :-)

My high school sweetheart was a bigger girl who, after we were married, figured out she was actually a lesbian. When we got divorced and I had to reenter the dating world, I actually had a debate with myself on if I should look for a skinny girl or not. Fortunately the debate was short lived and decided that I should not feel obligated to like something I genuinely didn't and that if every guy that likes bigger girls does that, then the stereotype will never change. So from that moment on, I decided I would not hide or be ashamed or embarrassed by it. I would look for a girl I could be truly happy with, whatever size that may be, and I would not hide my preferences when the topic came up. I have to say, it's been a bit liberating. When it came up and work one day and I "confessed" to preferring bigger girls over skinny ones. To my amazement, the world didn't end and I wasn't shunned. LOL The women in the office were sooooo happy to hear that and the guys were like "That's interesting.... to each their own, I guess" - or something like that.

Over time, I've had nothing but positive responses and I've had guys come up to me later to talk about it privately. One guy, who's wife was nice and plump, told me "You've seen my wife, that's no accident". In another somewhat sad case, I was present when a group of guys started to comment negatively on a larger girl. I added my own comments, all positive and they stopped immediately. Later, a couple of them individually, came up to me and thanked me for saying what I did and confessed that they too liked larger girls but thought they were the only one and that something was wrong with them. One was married to a skinny girl because he felt obligated to want a skinny girl. I realized then, that all the images and advertisements and comments that tell women they are HAVE to be skinny to be beautiful and desirable, also tell guys "this is what you want. This is what you are supposed to seek after". The message is just as powerful to guys as it is to girls, and just as incorrect. We can't we all be free to like and be what we naturally like and are? I know, I'm kind of preaching to the choir here LOL
8 years

SweetLittleTreat:
I've known my fair share of people who think fat girls or hot or at least are attracted to a girl who happens to be fat but were ashamed to be seen with them in public. I'm currently living where I was born and it's a very fat-negative culture, especially in school. It's absolutely sad, and it's even sadder to me that one could neglect their feelings for someone based on their appearance (too fat or too thin). I simply can't process that.

I guess I think it's really terrible that one would be ashamed of liking fatter people. I know society can train us to think that way sometimes, but the thought of someone being ready to pork a fat man or woman and tell them they love them but not ready to take them on dates and everything makes me ill. I've seen it happen too many times and it breaks my heart.

I'm really happy I'm with a man who not only loves me, but also embraces my body (both sexually and non sexually). He's always happy to kiss and hold my hand in public, and even get a bit flirtatious at times, even when I'm shy. It makes me feel very wanted and love, something everyone should have whether they're fat or thin. People seem surprised we're together sometimes, and may whisper, stare or laugh... But that's their problem, not ours. We're in love and no one can take that away, especially only based on what we look like.

It's a shame you live in such a non-supportive area. I'm i the South, a much better place for overweight people because there's so many of us smiley My current gf is about 270 or so, with a boob-and-belly profile not unlike your profile pic smiley I love her for how she makes me feel and her being big is just a bonus! Fat in all the right places turns me on, yes, but how we treat each other is the most important thing smiley
8 years

I'm married to a 440lbs women. I'm very proud of her. I even love it when people gaze.
8 years

I ve had at least 2 friends end relationships with big women and latter put them down for their size- whether they really believed it, or it was the most hurtful think they could come up with, I don't know.

I'm more likely to hear put downs from older relatives. Older being a few years older to 80. Seems even older fat women think you have to have been a thin girl first.
8 years