forum  general

music genres2 years

Scandinavian-style extreme metal!

Mostly stuff that is depressing, dark, harsh, and atmospheric.

music genres2 years

Like: Jazz, classical, soul, R&B, disco, latin music, cuban music, light music.

Don't like: Rock, metal, grunge, etc...

music genres2 years

Electronic or jazz while I'm coding, jam bands when I'm chilling. A little old school rap here and there as well.

music genres1 year

I grew up listening to classical music Bach,Brahms etc.Good stuff and I still enjoy it.
Growing up I listened to most anything and liked it.
Pop R&B R&R some country.
Metal is more my thing and when I was little my Mom said I would love it when Black Sabbath songs would play on the radio.
Something about metal speaks to me and its really hard to explain.
I started playing guitar around 12 years old and while I can play classical,pop,country metal is where my soul is.
Played in hair metal,prog metal,thrash metal bands for years so thats my music.

music genres1 year

I'm mostly into classic rock, but I like pretty much anything that was once released on cassette.

music genres1 year

Oldies from the 50's to the 70's. Including Beatles, bubble gum, etc.

music genres1 year

GainingLear:
Various genres with a screamer instead of a singer, cause it isn't musically interesting.

Now now, don't go making generalisations. Opeth have death growls within their music, but this is interspersed between metal, folk, indie, jazz, even latin music, sometimes all within the same song. If that's not musically interesting then I don't know what is.

music genres1 year

Progressive music, whether this be rock, metal, jazz, pop, classical, house whatever. What progressive is defined as these days is music which goes against the grain and take you to unexpected places whatever the "genre". Artists like Kate Bush, Radiohead, Pink Floyd etc. Electronica is a great example of truly progressive music at the moment, and no, I'm not talking about club music. Artists like Oneohtrix Point Never and Holly Herndon, who's music is completely unexpected and takes you to places you never thought musically possible.

music genres1 year

I am mostly a rap guy. I have been since I was a kid. However, I also like R&B, which is kind of my number 2 genre. So I have a genre which I will listen to more than others.

I also like listening to rock music, particularly old rock from the 70s to 90s. I will also listen to some pop and also video game and movie scores if I am in the mood. Same with house/techno/EDM. I will pretty much listen to whatever given the mood.

I am not big on country but I will listen to it. I tolerate it more than I actually like it, but I also enjoy some. There was a time when I actually really disliked it but it grew on me when I was a teenager. I don't consider myself a fan, though.

Also, I am not big on metal, though I remember at one point I did listen to Rob Zombie and White Zombie, same with Metallica and Megadeth, I will actually listen to them but I am far from a metalhead.

music genres4 days

I have pretty wide-ranging eclectic music tastes (10,000 + songs on my ipod and counting), but some of my long time favs are progressive rock, various types of metal, celtic, folk (especially British), world music (especially Middle Eastern and Indian), and psychedelic.
3 page 3 of 3   loading