Fat experiences

Some clothes fit better after gaining?

So I've had a kind of strange experience. I've been slowly gaining (unintentionally) over the last few years. As such there have always been a handful clothes in back of my closet that I have grown out of, since I am not the best about editing my wardrobe.

In the past few months though my weight has spiked a bit, piling on about 10 pounds in record time. This morning on a whim I decided to try on some of my old clothes (outgrown before my recent gain), and found them to actually be more comfortable than I remembered.

My only theory is that as all of my regular pants have gotten tighter I have gotten used to the sensation of my belly being constricted, so when I tried on the "too tight" pants it wasn't as surprising. It's normal for my belly to push the front of my pants down, or to form rolls and droop a little when I sit, so these "too tight" pants are now just "a bit tighter than all my other pants".
8 years

Some clothes fit better after gaining?

That sounds like a pretty cool experience. Now that I've lost some weight and regressed from "totally out-grown" to "getting mighty tight", I really like the way my wardrobe hugs my fatter body. Since it's been a mild winter in the northeast, I've been able to show it off a little and I think other people like it too.
8 years