General

The origins of fat fetishism?

There is no answer to this, I'm afraid!

But, if you search the forums you will find that there are a few threads of good debate and opinions going here. The discussion is generally along the dimensions of nature/nurture, sexuality vs. kink, inherent vs. acquired, and the influence of society. To be honest, this stuff is my jam, and I love FF for housing it.

I don't have a strong opinion personally, as I know that no single argument stands on sacred ground - some of it has empirical roots, but really it's all just theory. I will say that, for me, it is a deeply intrinsic part of my sexuality, so I favour the "neurological predisposition probably meets environmental trigger" idea, and I don't think that there is anything wrong with us.

Everyone experiences this fetish in a different way or to a different degree, or for different reasons, so I doubt there will ever be a single answer to this question, but I'm glad we keep asking it anyway!

I really recommend searching the weight gain and fat experiences forums to find those discussions; there are oodles of thoughts and experiences on the whole thing, and you can add to the discussion there, too!
8 years