Fat experiences

A belly day at an indoor pool

Today, a group of friends and I decided to go for swim, which was something I hadn't done in so long, and I missed it at times.

Leading up to today, I have put on about seven or eight kilos In almost two months, which is something I'm not very shocked about. The weight gain mostly came from my big birthday celebrations. I had a monstrous serve of risotto and chips, with a few slices of mud cake during my birthday dinner. Those kind of eating habits and portion sizes carried through the passing weeks, where not once I thought about my weight. Four slices of pizza for dinner became about nine or ten, once serve of lasagna became three, the calories were really adding up, and contributed to a significant growth of my midriff!

So today, when I was getting ready for the swim, I got out my bathers from my wardrobe which I got about almost three months ago. They were fine to put onc but it was fractionally not as easy to put on as they should, and I remembered them being a lot bigger. I soon noticed that the velcro was having difficulty keeping the shorts fastened, and my enlarged gut was straining the shorts. They held up okay, but there were creases which represented tightness, which made my butt look larger, especially with the unflattering pattern on my shorts. I was contemplating whether I should wear a shirt or not, but I decided to let my belly stick, hang and spill out.

While I was at the pool, half my friends were rather unfit, so I felt more comfortable and happy about the choice of going shirtless. I didn't think about my weight very much, except when I was walking to the pool on my own, I just felt the heaviness of my stomach, I noticed how much my belly was jiggling, and I felt the softness of my fat, bouncing around in my body. I felt happy when I was able to down almost a litre of pepsi and few pastries without anybody to comment, since many of my friends were a little chubby.

Right now I come to realise, how badly I had let body go, over the passing times. At times I do wonder why I'm fat, and half the times I do remember all those trips to McDonalds I make almost everyday, especially recently since I have been eating a lot more. Lately I haven't been thinking about weight, but as a result, because of my burgers getting larger, my belly grows bigger, my clothes get tighter, and my sizes keep going up. It really adds up, a single kilo or pound, can easily be five, ten or twenty, regardless of measurement, if nothing is done about it!
8 years