Gaining

Everything i eat will only appear as acne, not fat. does anyone else have this problem?

I am one of those unfortunate (fortunates) who SERIOUSLY struggle to put on weight.

I have been trying to gain just a tiny amount (maybe five pounds at most?) for a long time now. It's nearly been over a year since I started. And yet, for all my drastic efforts, I have squeezed onto myself maybe half a pound at the very most. In a whole year! (Honestly, I have tried every technique in the book that I know.)

At first I didn't get what was wrong with me, but then I realized I was ignoring something the whole time...

Whenever I over eat, instead of storing the excess energy as fat like everyone else seems to do, my body overcompensates in sebum fluid instead, ejecting it all as acne on my face and back. The appearance of these massive whiteheads on my face pops my self esteem the same way I pop those shitty little things when they appear (even though I should not do that - it's an awful habit that has given me scarring).

So I secretly hope in vain that there exists out there some magical way to stop my body turning food to acne and turn food into fat instead. But that's entirely optimistic. It just won't do it. My body will do what it wants, the way it wants, and if it wants to turn over-consumption into acne, then that's just the way it has to be.

**siiiiigh** Why do I have to have such an obscure, random desire -- and one I can't even fulfil, at that!?

Anyway...

Does any one else have this problem? If so, how do you feel about it?

Or,

Did anyone HAVE this problem in the past? And if so, what changed?
8 years

Everything i eat will only appear as acne, not fat. does anyone else have this problem?

pulp3:
What do you eat generally?

If you eat lots of fast-foods and creams maybe reduce that and focus on carbs : tons of rice, pasta and bread.

It seems your body hates "pure fat" so it's better to try caloric food without the "pure fat" of fried, cheesy, oily and sugary stuffs.

That's what I thought at first as well. But honestly, if I over-eat any kind of food, the same thing happens. Oh well. thanks for going to the effort of replying, though.

BUT: On the bright side, since I've turned 21, the acne seems to be getting less frequent. I mean, I don't want to call any shots just yet. I'm going to give it another few months of seeing what happens when I over-eat, and if no more acne, I'll be cheering.

Maybe finally my body is going to put all that excess energy towards lipogenesis instead of acne.

Who knows. We'll have to see.
7 years

Just a general statement on acne and related skin problems....some of us struggle with it into middle age. The only thing that's worked for my recurring redness/rosacea on my nose and cheeks is antibiotic pills. I haven't had the chance to find a skin doctor in mine and my lady's new town, so I'm a bit redder these days than I ought to be.
7 years