Lifestyle tips

Cholesterol, triglycerides and hypothyroidism

Probably depends a lot on your definition of feederism.

I don't know mucb about hypothyroidism, but the other two _might_ clear up with healthier food choices and more regular exercise. Might. And note that while healthier food choices and more regular exercise can be a weight loss plan, it doesn't have to be. Although to be safe, I'd look at losing some weight while working to improve your numbers, then be very careful and is a out any regaining, seeing how your body does.
7 years

Cholesterol, triglycerides and hypothyroidism

SweetLittleTreat:
In my experience, health isn't necessarily all about body type. Yes, being fat can be correlated with certain ailments, but there's a difference between correlation and causation. To me, diet is an important factor in one's health rather than body size, fat percentage, etc. I've seen many cases where people can reverse their diagnosis, but it takes time, effort, and change to do so.

I had issues with blood sugar and PCOS in the past--I had gained a lot of weight in a very unhealthy way (wasn't into feedism at that point though) and it exacerbated both the blood sugar and PCOS issues terribly (even to the point where I no longer had periods). I started eating healthier, even unknowingly dropping some weight, and my health slowly improved, but when I slowly began to transition into a primarily whole foods plant based diet my health got SO GOOD, even though my transition was because of moral reasons. My blood results come back A+, and while I still experience PCOS my periods are fairly regular and my hormones are doing much better. I'm usually more active than I've been the past few weeks, but even with getting a little lazy, my health and energy is still great and I haven't had any trouble with my health since that. I still eat so much every day, and often stuff myself...while I'm not trying to gain weight and maintain my current physique, I imagine I could gain weight if I really wanted to, even though it's difficult to put on weight at my current size haha.

So in short, the answer is YES. Feedism can be compatible with these issues, but it's a matter of choosing how you live and choose to eat. To me, health comes down to diet more than anything--and over time, more unhealthy foods will most likely have an affect on your body. You can choose to ignore this and continue on, which is of course your business and up to you--nobody can tell you what to do. If you'd like to still enjoy feedism while improving your diagnosis, I recommend taking steps to eat healthier foods. Just like unhealthy foods can take a toll on your body, healthier, natural foods can heal you and keep you healthier. It might be harder at first, but the healthier foods grow on you... Plus you learn that there's even processed foods and more fattening treats that can be much better for you than the more cholesterol, saturated fat ,etc. laden counterparts. You may have to eat more calories to gain (but who will complain about that haha) and experiment with home cooking more, but I promise it can be a lot of fun.

Just do everything you would normally do...but just change the type of foods you're eating and try to get more activity into your life. I wish you luck on your journey!

I'm glad you're feeling better and healthier while still being heftier! So promising! smiley
7 years