Fat experiences

Chefs

Is it just me, or do women really like chefs?
7 years

Chefs

I suppose the idea of someone who will spoil them by cooking them lots of good food is what makes dating a chef appealing to people? And maybe some women find all the macho behaviour associated with professional kitchens appealing.

I work as a pastry chef though and can think of nothing worse than dating a chef. It's a profession that requires a lot of single minded commitment and doesn't leave a lot of time in your life for many other people or interests. During a typical week I'm in the kitchen from 9am to 10 or 11pm 5 days a week and have worked 100 hour weeks on occasion to cover holidays, illness or other staffing issues.

People always say to my girlfriend "It must be great dating a chef! She must cook for you all the time." I do love to cook for her or take her out to nice restaurants but I only get the chance on my days off. Most chefs I know hate cooking at home though and eat pretty terribly.
7 years

Chefs

girlcrisis:
I suppose the idea of someone who will spoil them by cooking them lots of good food is what makes dating a chef appealing to people? And maybe some women find all the macho behaviour associated with professional kitchens appealing.

I work as a pastry chef though and can think of nothing worse than dating a chef. It's a profession that requires a lot of single minded commitment and doesn't leave a lot of time in your life for many other people or interests. During a typical week I'm in the kitchen from 9am to 10 or 11pm 5 days a week and have worked 100 hour weeks on occasion to cover holidays, illness or other staffing issues.

People always say to my girlfriend "It must be great dating a chef! She must cook for you all the time." I do love to cook for her or take her out to nice restaurants but I only get the chance on my days off. Most chefs I know hate cooking at home though and eat pretty terribly.

Wow, I really had no idea...I supposed it would arise out of a dislike for chocolate if you worked at the Hershey factory as a similar example?
7 years

Chefs

FangBang:
I think most women like the idea or fantasy of dating a chef who would make lots of delicious, fattening meals for them. I've worked with chefs before but could never date one as they have one hell of a temper 😂

Some of us are nice. Honest.
7 years

Chefs

Can confirm. I'm a frequent traveler, and I always make sure to stay in hotels with rooms service, so that's kind of like a chef I guess!
7 years

Chefs

sous chef here, most women don't like us much.... we work a ton never have a weekend off, or holidays, after we get home we don't like to cook for anyone
4 years

Chefs

I can’t generalize or assume if this extends to all chefs, but the one chef who I know has firmly expressed his preference for plump women on more than one occasion. I think the macho atmosphere of a professional kitchen, and the fact that a chef is more likely to be in touch with his sensual side, is a turn on for many women. (Or perhaps it’s just me,lol)
4 years