Gaining

Help for a beginner

Okay, here you go.

- Your math is about right, but the best available math only gives a very rough answer so the amount you gain could vary from the formula by up to a pound per week in either direction. The more you can manage the faster you'll go, so work on increasing your capacity.

- Some people drink heavy cream straight and that's probably denser in calories than any dilution of it. Gradually make it a larger proportion of your concoction until either it makes you feel ill to drink it (then pull back), or it finally takes up most of the volume and the other ingredients are token amounts for flavour.

- At the rate you're aiming for, in as little as a few days you might feel it in your clothes around your middle. Then you'll feel it in other places, THEN you'll start seeing it, THEN others will see it too.

Good luck.
7 years

Help for a beginner

London Calling:
Thanks for all the answers!

Another quick question: what's the general opinion on mass gainers? I'm UK based so imagine that US products like Carbo-Gain and Ensure Plus aren't readily available, but I've heard good things about carb based gainers w. Malodextrin.

Anyone recommend anything?

I've seen plenty of gainers mix them into shakes in order to speed up their gaining. With those gainer products, they only work the intended way if you exercise, that way the protein helps build muscle. HOWEVER, if you don't exercise, I believe it gets turned into fat smiley.

Just a word of warning, I do believe those powder gainer tubs are very expensive.
7 years