General

Found a really interesting article

It's "Health News" but I feel like it's of particular interest to the gaining community. The article is a bit long, but here's the gist of it in case you don't feel like reading:

Fat itself isn't bad for you, it's what happens when your reserves reach their storage limit that causes health problems. You develop the "obesity diseases" and metabolic syndrome when your body starts storing fat in and around organs. These researchers have discovered they can essentially switch that effect off in mice by increasing fat storage potential, or through the use of drugs that eliminate the toxins improperly stored fat produces.

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/health/skinny-fat.html
7 years

HectorWForce:
my fat cells get full long before I even look fat meaning I am already at risk of weight related conditions that usually happen at higher weights in people with more fat cells.

This might explain why blood chemistry could deteriorate when a gainer reaches a weight plateau. But shouldn't the fat cells replicate, making more fat storage possible and improving bloodwork?
7 years

@fatrnfatr

As near as I can tell there's a limiter on how much the subcutaneous fat can replicate without certain hormonal cues. Which is the problem with getting "too fat". Since when you reach that weight you begin to store visceral fat, which is what causes the major health concerns.
6 years