Extreme obesity

Tthe reality of health care for someone 500 lbs. +++

Is it difficult to keep rolls clean? I imagine you'd have to get in pretty deep.
7 years

Just the number 500 doesn't tell anything. I know of a girl who is almost 600 lbs, has perfect health, can easily take care of herself, and can easily carry a slim adult on a piggyback ride.

I also know of girls who are not much above 300 lbs and can barely walk, despite not being shorter (or not by much) than the one in the above example.

How much 500 lbs really means for a body, depends, obviously, on your height, but also on lots of other factors. Muscles, lifestyle, probably also genetics, etc.
7 years

Everything tav described I face on a daily basis due to my disability. Moving slower, needing accessible accommodations, vans, wheelchairs , doctor appointments etc.

I face other things that extremely fat people will also face and have to get used to. I am talking about needing help with bathing, dressing, toiletting and perhaps even needing diapers.

The disabled, the elderly and the extremely fat should all work together because we face so many of the same problems and challenges.
7 years

That is very sad indeed, I hate that society sucks in this so badly. For me, fat people and the very obese, massively fat are the most beautiful and amazing people at all, they radiate such fullness and abundance, such rotund beauty, in my dream world, the queen and king of the land are the fattest people all around and they are chosen like this and fattened up, because who can take a small and spindly, merely fat person serious in a role like that?
Anyway, I wish this would change, that media, the movies and the medical industry would stop making obese and fat look like the ultimate ugly, because it is not. It is just plain dumb to peddle this view, but sadly, the majority of people is not really that bright and easy to influence. They think it is their own opinion that fat is not attractive, ut it is actually something put in their minds by TV and movies and reading magazines.
And then of course there is this thing that I'm getting tired of fast, where somebody recounts how much weight they just recently lost. In a group, everybody then applauds and yes, how great is that? What a good person, bettering themselves. It sounds like they got their masters or PhD or just won an Oscar. I like people gaining and being fat and I'm getting fatter myself, I very likely will get into the situation you are now, where I am very large and many things will become more difficult, or impossible, so I fight for this.
Losing weight for me is not a great achievement, it sounds kind of strange. It is like somebody saying "And guess what, I just lost 60% of all my money and soon, I will have lost most of it" and people applauding for it.
So you can tell I love to stand on a soap box, I'm very strong willed and love fat and ssBBWs and ssBHMs and want to create a better world, where fat is accepted and respected, not discriminated and shunned. For this reason, I created a social group in San Francisco called Big Fat Friends that I plan to grow into the largest organisation worldwide and use the power it gets to start pushing for companies and society respect us and stop the discrimination.
It saddens me how far behind, how marginal fat acceptance still is. Even the gender fluidity movement has gotten more accepted and more visible, and they started much later than fat acceptance. Fat is natural and nothing strange or abnormal, it is only the way the body reacts to a lot of food and it used to be a huge survival advantage that saved people from starvation in hard winters and famine. I hope things get better soon.
7 years

While I agree there are laws to help the disabled like the ADA, enforcement of the law is lacking. The US court system has weakened the ADA over the years. It is very hard for the disabled to get jobs, largely because I don't think society is ready for that. Only 20% of the disabled are employed, and I myself can not hold a job for long. So I set on SSDI and Medicaid at 40 years old. I have a bachelors and masters degree that feel worthless most of the time. I know exactly what it feels like to be disrespected, mocked and made fun of by small minded people.

We are much more alike then you may think. You stand out in a crowd because of your size. I stand out in a crowd due to my crutches or wheelchair
7 years