Fat experiences

Helping non feeders/feedees understand

Generally, large size women do not wear maternity clothes. While I am sure you can find some mom and pop company who will make them, that is not an item that is made commercially. Large pregnant women just buy larger sizes. I'm not saying it is right, but that is the way it is.
7 years

Often, you simply can't explain it to others unfortunately. Gaining weight on purpose is quite a taboo subject for most of the world. To feeders/feedees, it makes sense, but to others, it might be like trying to explain BDSM play to a Catholic nun lol.

Wish I had better advice smiley. Sometimes, it might just be better not to try and explain it.
7 years

www.amazon.com/Guide-Feederism-Everything-need-place-ebook/dp/B00NE2OA48

This helps.

Give it a shot. It was made for people on the outside in an attempt to explain with out being overly weird.
7 years

Another good resource designed to help people understand the feedism lifestyle, albeit aimed at a clinical setting:

www.amazon.co.uk/Feederism-Eating-Weight-Sexual-Pleasure/dp/1137470453/ref=sr_1_2
7 years

I think it is usually best to keep feederism a secret from one's family and friends. You can just make statements that you are happy fat, but you don't have to say that you are gaining on purpose.
7 years

Only my best friends know I'm into this fetish, frankly it's too annoying to explain, what with society's clear views on bigger people (which drives me up the wall). I already have enough of a job explaining my asexuality to people without dumping ontop of it that I can get off, but it's only to fat =_=
7 years

It's hard to get people outside the community to truly understand what's going on in your head. The NEED to gain is who and what you are, in many ways it defines you. It's impossible to separate the desire to get fat from your basic personality. Most people don't get that. They can't fathom the true obsession you have so their reaction is apt to be either revulsion, condescension, or just a blank stare of complete dumbfoundedness!
7 years

Most of my friends and family are aware of feedism to some degree. Friends in the past have found certain youtube videos and I'm sure 'researched' further being teenagers at that time, also family are aware of it via a distant relation who is out as a feeder.

I identify as a gainer, fa and feeder. I guess I could explain away the FA side as I do like all sizes with all things even a stronger preference for chubby/fat girls, just as some men like bigger boobs I like soft bellies, the feeder side as I tend to have a dominant and impulsive personality, the gainer side is harder, I love food, they know that, and also love the side effects of too much, but I don't want to have to explain myself to them at all. Its who I am, I don't ask about their 'normal' lives after all.

If a non-feedist friend was to ask, I would tell them and I'm sure things about my life would start to make sense, weight gain and loss for no reason, tend to go for the chubby girl, even if the skinny one is interested.

The few times I have been 'outed', friend and I discussed what we liked when we were younger, led to seeing how much I could eat, mum found me struggling with a button, weighed me and offered me her diet advice, embarrassed I said that I liked it, weird look but brushed off and forgotten, people's reactions have been not as bad as expected.

I dont go around telling everyone, but dont keep it much of a secret either. I am relatively small but when I am gaining I don't tell anyone who doesn't ask and act like I'm not noticing as the reactions are part of it for me.

Most of the people in my life are pretty accepting, I just hope those in yours are too!

I honestly think my family would be more shocked to learn I smoked for years than to learn I like to fatten myself up each year and prefer fatter women!
7 years