General

Is this your fetish, or paraphilia?

So I've been thinking lately, that for me, this almost borders on a paraphilia. My questions is: what about you all?

For those who don't know, here's the alleged distinction between a sexual fetish and a sexual paraphilia...

*Fetishism*: "means "obsessive fascination". There is a degree of fetishistic arousal in most normal individuals who find particular bodily features attractive. However, fetishistic arousal is generally considered a problem when it interferes with normal sexual or social functioning and where sexual arousal is impossible without the fetish object."

*Paraphilia*: "A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme. The focus of a paraphilia is usually very specific and unchanging. A paraphilia is distinguished by a preoccupation with the object or behavior to the point of being dependent on that object or behavior for sexual gratification."

For me, if I were to be excruciatingly particular, the female stomach in its fattened form is almost a paraphilia for me. I'm saved merely by the fact that I still find the idea of the female sexual organs, ass and boobs, and standard sexual activity arousing -- just not as much as a female gaining weight. If on a scale 1 stood for "fetish" and 10 stood for "paraphilia", I'd place everything involved with this community around 7 to 8.

So I was wondering, where do your specific sexual interests lie? Fetish or paraphilia?
7 years

For me, Paraphilia.

I'm attracted to fatter women but I don't need fetish related stuff in the bedroom. I don't need them to gain, or to do stuffing, or humiliation, or any of that stuff (but maybe to play around with it from time to time is okay)

I just find the fat body attractive.
7 years

vitalia_blair:
I just wrote something for school on this, haha. The class is Human Sexuality and I can't help but try to find every opportunity to write about my own sexuality. Anyway, I personally define my feederistic nature as a paraphilia because I have never been able to orgasm without at least thinking about a female gaining weight...and believe me, I've tried - both alone and with another person. Since I'm heterosexual though, t makes for a pretty confusing sex life.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as you, most of the time. It can actually vary. One random, miscellaneous week, I might find I can do without it, or am attracted to something else. But it's always a brief stint, and I can never predict it, never pin-point the occurrence.

Interesting stuff about your classes, though.
7 years

I believe this is a paraphilia for me. It does get weird since I am asexual, yet i stI'll have this paraphilia. This is the only way I can get any sexual gratification. Being a closet asexual and feeder(at least irl), it always gets weird when the girl I am with asks why I never get turned on and starts questioning me about this thing.
7 years