General

Has anybody ever seen the movie or read the book called "thinner"?

I know that this is an old book and the movie is rather old, too. I have only seen the movie and I still need to read the book. Anyway, I wonder this because I often wonder what it would be like if someone was given the curse that the main character got in it. He started off as a rather obese man and then once he was cursed, he started losing weight rapidly and it would not stop, either. He went from obese to emaciated.

Also, how would you react if you were cursed like this? Just curious about this.
7 years

No_Limit_Soldier17:Also, how would you react if you were cursed like this? Just curious about this.

(I saw the movie a long time ago.)
How would I react? With horror! All my hard work reversing itself against my will? Yikes.
As gypsy curses go, I'd much prefer to be the victim of a "Fatter" curse... smiley
7 years

Nancy48:
Yes,an old movie and also old book.
Then my only react is just to be yourself,to be what you are.
And I would like to share something interesting and cool with you,just some customized cute.
www.phonecasego.com/

Um, I think you kind of missed what the point of the curse was in that story. It was to lead to him to emaciation and I am sure that his flesh would have deteriorated once it got to the bone. Like I said, the weight loss was rapid and it didn't stop.
7 years

Never read that, but I did read the Goosebumps book "Say Cheese and Die Again" where a character had a similar curse (she kept trying to drink milkshakes as her diet) and the protagonist has the reverse kind of curse and got to a size that would impress many here.
7 years

ampleandrogyne:
Never read that, but I did read the Goosebumps book "Say Cheese and Die Again" where a character had a similar curse (she kept trying to drink milkshakes as her diet) and the protagonist has the reverse kind of curse and got to a size that would impress many here.

Didn't the main character find he was too fat to fit in his desk and his teacher made fun of him for it? I was a little too old for Goosebumps books, but a neighbor kid left one of the books over and coincidentally it happened to be one that dealt with weight gain.
6 years