Gaining

Different types of fat?

It seems there are different types of fat, and I'm wondering what plays into the evolution of one fat to another. I'm really turned on by (1) super soft jiggly fat that's kind of saggy and squishy, as opposed to (2) just general fat that merely seems to be another layer still soft but maintains the general shape of the muscle and bone structure, and (3) hard bulky fat such that you would find in a really big round belly.

Are these different types based on genetics or do environmental factors (ie type of food, exercise, weight fluctuations +/-) influence the type?

In my experience I've known large women (probably 60-100 lbs overweight) with fat 2 and 3 that lose a good amount, maybe 20-30 lbs and it seems the fat turns more soft like fat 1. Similarly, if Im with a woman who has fat 1 that gains a considerable amount of weight and there squishy fat turns becomes slightly harder like fat 2.

What are others experience on this subject? It's for science so don't be shy!
7 years

Different types of fat?

At my highest weight, it was more like #3, but then I lost 160lbs. As I've started gaining it back, I would say it's softer, squishier and saggier this go 'round.
7 years