forum  general

difficulty gaining and accepting myself3 weeks

I've been struggling. For years of my life I used to long to be at the very least "chubby". I used to watch and rewatch episodes of shows that contained characters gaining weight(example: Family Guy - "Sibling Rivalry"smiley. I was 5 years old when I first started stuffing pillows in my shirt. When I was 7, I was shamed by my parents for doing it, and to this day I'm still embarrassed of who I am.

I know this is who I am. I have forever wanted a big doughy belly and big plump thighs, but I'm afraid of what people I know would think of me. What would they say? I love my friends and family and I don't want to risk turning them away.

This is what I want. My heart yearns to be as big as possible, and as I'm writing this I'm crying my eyes out because I just can't do it. I have been trying and trying for years to gain weight and I'm still around the same weight I was 3 years ago.

I want help, please. I just need to talk to someone. I want to talk to anyone who will let me vent and will provide me with advice. I'm so scared I won't ever be the me I want to be.

Message me here or over kik or you can email me

Kik: lilmsoak

Email: lilmsoak@gmail.com

I don't have a kik, so I sent an email (definitely a clunkier way to communicate, but w/e)

Gaining weight is really all about the small stuff. Eat until your at your personal limit at every meal, and then have a few more bites. If you do that, you will eventually have a bigger capacity and be in the habit of hitting it. It takes time, but its working for me right now. As for accepting yourself, I don't know what to tell you. I'm kind of on the same page myself

If you do it slowly enough, your friends and family will barely notice until it's a "oh, you're bigger!" moment. And by then, they'll be used it. Like 10 pounds a year. I know that's slow, but if you've been the same weight for 3 years, at least you'll be working towards your goal.

Tower is right, it's about little changes. A couple extra cookies, a few bites more of dinner...

And also, your family/friends who truly care about you won't be alienated if you gain weight. The ones who love you will say, "Chubbyoak, you look so happy lately!" 😊

Marina:
If you do it slowly enough, your friends and family will barely notice until it's a "oh, you're bigger!" moment. And by then, they'll be used it. Like 10 pounds a year. I know that's slow, but if you've been the same weight for 3 years, at least you'll be working towards your goal.

Tower is right, it's about little changes. A couple extra cookies, a few bites more of dinner...

And also, your family/friends who truly care about you won't be alienated if you gain weight. The ones who love you will say, "Chubbyoak, you look so happy lately!" 😊

I agree with all of this!

This is a great community for support, and I think you'll get a lot of good advice and encouragement here. Ultimately, though, you want to find happiness in your day to day life. If being fat is what will help you with this, then stick with small adjustments and remember that you can't gain 50 pounds overnight. Take your time, enjoy an extra cookie, and remember to surround yourself with those who love and understand you!