General

Desire to gain 150 pounds but worried about diabetes

embsmu:
Theres no way of knowing for sure, but your chances of developing health problems are very likely to increase. Some people are healthy at any weight, others can develop concerns for being slightly overweight. You can reduce your potential heath problems by HOW you gain the weight. Eating McDonalds three times a day will pack on the fat, but also the cholesterol.

I'd say your best bet is to look at the health problems of older family members, especially overweight ones. That'll probably give you an idea of what to watch out for.

Also, note that a dramatic weight gain like that will likely be permanent, so make sure you aren't doing it JUST for your boyfriend.

Rayne:
I have to disagree on one thing you said. Mc donalds won't necessarily pack on the weight. The food doesn't contain that many calories. A full roast dinner or a pizza most likely contain twice as many calories.
The problem with fast food is that they're packed with msg and sugar. Addictive stuff that is literal poison. They WILL give you health problems.
Cholesterol is actually very good for your body. It transports many important things through your blood and protects your blood vessels. Carbs however damage your arteries. And when arteries get damages, cholesterol needs to come in to repair the damage like a bandaid, That's how you get blood cloths and heart problems.

Just minimize the carbs and up the fat, protein and veggies/fruit.
Trust me, I don't speak unless I know what I'm talking about. I want happy and healthy piggies, mkay smiley

On this note a good way I've found to add poundage is to just eat peanut butter, and higher portions. Peanut butter is low in sugar, cholesterol and carbs. And you should be able to also get away with having that extra slice of pizza too.
6 years

embsmu:
Theres no way of knowing for sure, but your chances of developing health problems are very likely to increase. Some people are healthy at any weight, others can develop concerns for being slightly overweight. You can reduce your potential heath problems by HOW you gain the weight. Eating McDonalds three times a day will pack on the fat, but also the cholesterol.

I'd say your best bet is to look at the health problems of older family members, especially overweight ones. That'll probably give you an idea of what to watch out for.

Also, note that a dramatic weight gain like that will likely be permanent, so make sure you aren't doing it JUST for your boyfriend.

Rayne:
I have to disagree on one thing you said. Mc donalds won't necessarily pack on the weight. The food doesn't contain that many calories. A full roast dinner or a pizza most likely contain twice as many calories.
The problem with fast food is that they're packed with msg and sugar. Addictive stuff that is literal poison. They WILL give you health problems.
Cholesterol is actually very good for your body. It transports many important things through your blood and protects your blood vessels. Carbs however damage your arteries. And when arteries get damages, cholesterol needs to come in to repair the damage like a bandaid, That's how you get blood cloths and heart problems.

Trust me, I don't speak unless I know what I'm talking about. I want happy and healthy piggies, mkay smiley

On this note a good way I've found to add poundage is to just eat peanut butter, and higher portions. Peanut butter is low in sugar, cholesterol and carbs. And you should be able to also get away with having that extra slice of pizza too.
6 years

embsmu:

Rayne:

6 years

Rayne

"Bottom line, you need to pay attention to your own body."

Very well said, Rayne.
6 years

Generally, true feedees, ones who enjoy it and do best with it are people who have had a desire to gain all of their lives. It is similar to transgender, because the results can be as life changing, and as permanent as changing your gender. I could not imagine someone's partner persuading someone to have a sex change operation, unless they have wanted all of their lives.
6 years