Gaining

How do you deal with people's reactions when you gain??

Coco2214:
I've gained a lot of weight quite fast and I'm happy with that but people's reactions are quite scary. Going from someone that was really toned and always in the gym to someone that has to wear stretchy skirts and dresses because nothing fits has shocked a lot of people. My family for example are telling me to start watching what I eat and lose some weight, friends are the same and almost embarrassed to be seen with me and people in the street that I don't know but see now and again can't believe it's me. Most of the comments are negative.

How do you deal with all of the bad comments? I don't want this to be the reason I stop gaining.

just say to them that is your body and you are going to eat and do what you do, and them are looking on you are just jelous cuz you look good smiley
6 years

Coco2214:
I've gained a lot of weight quite fast and I'm happy with that but people's reactions are quite scary. Going from someone that was really toned and always in the gym to someone that has to wear stretchy skirts and dresses because nothing fits has shocked a lot of people. My family for example are telling me to start watching what I eat and lose some weight, friends are the same and almost embarrassed to be seen with me and people in the street that I don't know but see now and again can't believe it's me. Most of the comments are negative.

How do you deal with all of the bad comments? I don't want this to be the reason I stop gaining.

just say to them that is your body and you are going to eat and do what you do, and them are looking on you are just jelous cuz you look good smiley
6 years

Most of the time I draw first blood by joking about my belly, how hard I'm working for it, and referring to myself in the 3rd person, usually as "fat boy". It always gets a laugh... with, not at me.

My sister and nieces are another story. They have no qualms about making cutting remarks in front of other people. I began distancing myself from my family even before I starting gaining.
6 years

I helped one woman with this problem:
askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/letters.html

Note that what NOT to say is at least as important as what TO say.
6 years