forum  lifestyle tips

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?3 months

Has she had a physical recently? If she's healthy otherwise (i.e., blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.) she should be able to gain incrementally and reassess every so often.

Limiting refined/processed carbs and sugars may prevent certain diseases like diabetes - but if she has a genetic predisposition to certain obesity related health issues I would proceed with caution.

Fitness is one of the most important factors in keeping healthy, so I'd definitely encourage anyone wanting to gain a significant amount of weight to exercise regularly.

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?3 weeks

If you eat healthily and exercise but still gain, then that's healthy (until you get to the obesity and immobile stages) but if you're like me and don't go out the house for months on end and eat fatty foods then you're not gonna be healthy at all!

Everybody keeps asking this, but no one has a crystal ball. Some fat people live a long healthy life, others die early. It's just like anything else that can be risky, such as skydiving or race car driving.

BoBerry looks healthy. Its impossible to guarantee health though, with weight gain and obesity.

Aside mobility issues and body balance troubles while walking - or rather, waddling. Or shuffling. Or whatever - and the fact your both posture, bone structure and stamina get compromised the bigger you become, being relativelly healthy is still feasible even when you are "morbidly" even extremely obese.

But it depend above all about one's genes, physiology, capability to handle its own overweight or obesity at long-term rate, daily physical activity, diet, ecetera ecetera... Plumprincess and Beccabae, same as many olympic-level sumo wrestlers, are various examples of 400-lbs-and-over people with a very improved health condition while being extremely obese.

However, everything concerning humans possess its peak physical limitations. I seriously doubt there does exists any USSBBW in safe condition.

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?5 days

You can think of obesity as a symptom rather than a cause. The cause is what you eat and the effect is obesity as well as heart disease and diabetes. Body builders and sumo wreslters can be fat as all hell, but are among the ranks of elite athletes. If you want the fat body but do not want the other associated health effects, you have to eat right. Also understand that obesity can make those other diet related illnesses worse. So the bigger you get, the more difficult it can be to maintain health.

TL;DR it is possible to be 400 lbs and healthy, even athletic. However, it is no where near as easy or simple as eating lots of greasy snacks and lazing about.

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?4 days

I think it's impossible to answer your question definitively.

I've been morbidly obese for several years now. I've had one or two somewhat serious health issues that may or may not have been related to my excessive girth.

I just try to eat healthily, though to excess, and I do exercise daily. I walk my dog, use the treadmill and I take a yoga class every week. Hasn't slowed me down much. Check out my profile. A picture is worth a thousand pounds. 😉

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?16 hours

This probably won't help anyone else but I just wanted to add my two cents that it probably is unhealthy to be a bbw/ssbbw (or maybe not) but I don't care in the slightest because it makes me happy, and I encourage others to do the same if possible.

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?14 hours

Here's the thing: it's conventional wisdom that being fat is unhealthy. Everybody knows the fatter you are, the more unhealthy you are. Obesity is a "killer disease." Except. . .

Weight loss (diets, drugs, low calorie/low fat/etc. foods, weight loss programs, weight loss surgery) is an enormously profitable (in the tens to hundreds of billions of dollars) industry. TV and radio stations, internet sites, magazines and newspapers, also take in billions in advertising from those industries. They are not likely to promote studies that contradict their big advertisers, and might make them pull their ads, costing them a lot of revenue. So there's a LOT of money at stake in promoting the idea that we should all be trying to loose weight. All the time.

At the same time, diets have ALWAYS (for the past hundred or so years that the thin-is-in ideal has been promoted) had a miniscule success rate. As in, over 90% of diets and weight loss efforts fail in the long term. If your doctor recommended any other procedure that has a less than 10% success rate, you'd say "Thanks very much," then find another doctor, and get a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

Almost all of the studies that "prove" fat is unhealthy are funded by drug and weight loss companies, and carried out by doctors and researchers on their payrolls. Even if there is not a conscious effort made to skew the results, there is a bias at work. These companies are not going to willingly fund and distribute studies that say their products are unnecessary.

Also, doctors, scientists, and researchers are not immune to social prejudices - many of them just plane find fat people unattractive, as well as lazy and sloppy, despite the fact they should know better.

Objective research suggests that WHAT you eat, and your activity levels, play a much bigger role in your overall health, than your weight. It is acknowledged that remaining at a high weight is healthier than yo-yo dieting, losing and gaining in a repeating cycle - which is what most dieters do.

Does that mean there is no correlation between weight and health? Not necessarily. It does mean it is very difficult to really discern what exactly that relationship is. Consider that it is well established that high stress levels effect health for the worse. Aren't fat people always under a lot of stress, from everyone, including their own family and friends, to loose weight? Don't they receive substandard health care, having everything blamed on their weight? Doesn't that make a lot of fat people avoid going the doctor for as long as possible?

Finally - don't many people do a lot of things that are dangerous or inimical to health, such as smoke, drink to excess, engage in dangerous stunts and sports (bungee jumping, rock climbing, mountain climbing, etc.)? People die on Mt. Everest EVERY YEAR. Yet, they are not criticized for it, but applauded for "living their dream," even after they die and leave behind spouses, children, and family. But someone who wants to gain a lot of weight is suicidal, mentally ill, has a death wish. Sorry, but that's just bigotry.

In the end, shouldn't you do what makes you happy, as long as you're not hurting someone else when doing it? Is it not better to live a shorter, happier, more fulfilled life than a longer unhappy, frustrated life, always regretting not going for the lifestyle you truly desired?

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?14 hours

fatterandfatter, I couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree with everything you just said.
1 page 1 of 2   loading