Lifestyle tips

How unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?

From research I’ve done, barring preexisting health issues or other unhealthy habits it seems the most important predictor of health at any weight is having a balanced diet and moderate exercise, and to not gain or lose weight too fast.

I think it would be difficult to get really fat that way, but if you managed to then you would probably still be pretty healthy unless you were dealing with other factors like drug use or preexisting health issues. There’s a reason a lot of studies show average size and slightly overweight people to be healthier than either underweight or obese people on average, a balanced lifestyle like that will usually make someone average sized or slightly overweight instead of very skinny or very fat.

Being too skinny can be very unhealthy, too, I have nearly been hospitalized for it in the past and I have long term health damage from it even now that I’m in the normal range. I’ll probably never fully recover from some of it, particularly the damage to my bone density. I think that most of the time, the point at which your weight itself (and not just the potentially unhealthy things you do to get to that weight and maintain it) becomes a big risk is when you go extreme, like when I got down to 90 pounds or when someone is so fat they’re near immobility.

Things like eating lots of junk food or being sedentary are of course bad for you even if you don’t gain any weight from them. So are a lot of other things people do all the time, though, so I think what’s most important is to keep an eye on your health and clean up your lifestyle if your health starts getting worse than you think is worth it. I think unless you have naturally very low blood pressure, that’s probably the most important number to keep an eye on for most people.

For me, gaining weight rapidly and eating junk food is worth it even though it is not good for my health. Right now, it’s safer for me than not trying to gain, because when I don’t pay a lot of attention to increasing my daily calories I sometimes end up only eating a few hundred a day and then I lose way too much weight very fast and get sick. I do not enjoy eating aside from as a tool to gain weight, I just really dislike the taste or texture of 99% of foods, and so it’s difficult for me to motivate myself to eat at all if it won’t make me gain. I do keep an eye on my bloodwork, blood pressure, how I generally feel, etc, so that if anything starts looking really bad I can make changes.

If you want to gain weight in as healthy a way as possible though, it’s safest to gain slowly by eating a balanced healthy diet with just enough calories to make you gain 1 or 2 pounds a week while also doing a little exercise. Maintaining or losing weight in a healthy way is the same, too, just with the amount of calories adjusted accordingly.
4 years

Tummylover48:
Smoking weed to gain faster is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Maybe you get fatter. But perhaps you get cancer too. So it's not worth it.

Statistically speaking, gaining weight is more likely to show up with co-occurring health issues than smoking weed, and more so with non-smokable marijuana products (edibles, tinctures, etc.). Fun fact: Weed is safer than paracetamol.
4 years

I have +600 lbs and it's not healthy.
What I do is eat and laze.
Nobody is 600 pounds with a healthy life and walking is exhausting with this weight.
The obese extremes are all very lazy, that is why we are prone to suffer from heart problems.
4 years

It depends on your definition of those terms and your lifestyle.
You can be fairly heavy and active. Now extra weight does tax your joints and such but being stronger can help to combat that.
We have the habit as a society of demonising any ‘excess’ weight. So I suppose it is unlikely that being an Ssbbw is healthy, but I would say you can for sure be a bbw live a healthy lifestyle.

Of course the other issue is for a lot of People who get kicks from being a bbw part of that appeal of that is becoming less muscular and weaker. The lazy pig fetish if you will.
I would say that if living a healthy and long life is something you want to do, then that part of the kink should remain in the realm of role play. While you are still keeping yourself active and healthy you can allow the fantasy to remain.
4 years

Tummylover48:
Smoking weed to gain faster is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Maybe you get fatter. But perhaps you get cancer too. So it's not worth it.

LilRascl:
Statistically speaking, gaining weight is more likely to show up with co-occurring health issues than smoking weed, and more so with non-smokable marijuana products (edibles, tinctures, etc.). Fun fact: Weed is safer than paracetamol.

My what metric? I mean wrt to dosage and hepatoxicicity there is certainly something to be said in favor of your stance, and looking at cbd and thc as isolates will give you a skew but, once you add the word weed, one tends to find that they are adding in a specific usage type which is smoking.

High tar contents, high temperatures etc and the simple.fact that it is smoke inhalation (usually repetitive) you will find the "danger" is more present with "weed" [smoking].

Back to the core topic, there are many variables and as previous posters have written there is certainly correlation for a number of issues such as type 2 diabetes which now seems to be related to visceral fat around the pancreas.

However a key concern that you can bet on, is increased joint strain. Heavier and more active people stress their joints more. This isn't just about being fat though, body builders, athletes, infantry soldiers, they all have an extra load and all seem to suffer similar issues.
4 years

finickyfeedee:
From research I’ve done, barring preexisting health issues or other unhealthy habits it seems the most important predictor of health at any weight is having a balanced diet and moderate exercise, and to not gain or lose weight too fast.

I think it would be difficult to get really fat that way, but if you managed to then you would probably still be pretty healthy unless you were dealing with other factors like drug use or preexisting health issues. There’s a reason a lot of studies show average size and slightly overweight people to be healthier than either underweight or obese people on average, a balanced lifestyle like that will usually make someone average sized or slightly overweight instead of very skinny or very fat.

Being too skinny can be very unhealthy, too, I have nearly been hospitalized for it in the past and I have long term health damage from it even now that I’m in the normal range. I’ll probably never fully recover from some of it, particularly the damage to my bone density. I think that most of the time, the point at which your weight itself (and not just the potentially unhealthy things you do to get to that weight and maintain it) becomes a big risk is when you go extreme, like when I got down to 90 pounds or when someone is so fat they’re near immobility.

Things like eating lots of junk food or being sedentary are of course bad for you even if you don’t gain any weight from them. So are a lot of other things people do all the time, though, so I think what’s most important is to keep an eye on your health and clean up your lifestyle if your health starts getting worse than you think is worth it. I think unless you have naturally very low blood pressure, that’s probably the most important number to keep an eye on for most people.

For me, gaining weight rapidly and eating junk food is worth it even though it is not good for my health. Right now, it’s safer for me than not trying to gain, because when I don’t pay a lot of attention to increasing my daily calories I sometimes end up only eating a few hundred a day and then I lose way too much weight very fast and get sick. I do not enjoy eating aside from as a tool to gain weight, I just really dislike the taste or texture of 99% of foods, and so it’s difficult for me to motivate myself to eat at all if it won’t make me gain. I do keep an eye on my bloodwork, blood pressure, how I generally feel, etc, so that if anything starts looking really bad I can make changes.

If you want to gain weight in as healthy a way as possible though, it’s safest to gain slowly by eating a balanced healthy diet with just enough calories to make you gain 1 or 2 pounds a week while also doing a little exercise. Maintaining or losing weight in a healthy way is the same, too, just with the amount of calories adjusted accordingly.

I think the unhealthy out of control aspect is one of the things I like most about gaining. What fun is eating healthy and exercising? The whole point for me is increasing laziness and eating whatever I want whenever I want it!
4 years

how unhealthy is being an bbw/ssbbw, really?

About as unhealthy as living, to be fair.
4 years
12   loading