Fat experiences

How to deal with fat teasing?

I find that the more you give attention to the teasing, the more it will go on. It won't be easy, as it takes growing a bit of a tougher skin.

Once people figure out that you're not reacting to the teasing, they'll stop.
6 years

Time is a crazy thing.....it changes everything.

Weight gain ....is always a little shock for everyone...whether you like it or don't and when it is noticeable it warrants notice. Obviously you have been skinny your whole life....so now that you put on a belly....it is a noticeable difference. In another few months to a year it will become kind of normalcy.....depending on ow good of friends and what type of personalities they have....they may stop teasing altogether because all of a sudden they will just relate the extra weight to "you" not the "new You"....just the "you.

Also, touching on that you are excited to gain more.....well I noticed that once the initial shock of the weight gain and change wears off than even if there is more weight gain.....it seems to be tougher to notice or it was anticipated but not nearly the same reaction as the initial shock by any means.

But keep in mind anyone that has not seen you since the weight gain obviously may have the same shock....people react in different ways....but the thing to remember that just because people react or notice....doesn't mean they don't like it...it is just something different worth noticing or talking about in some cases.
6 years

voluptuouslover:
Time is a crazy thing.....it changes everything.

Weight gain ....is always a little shock for everyone...whether you like it or don't and when it is noticeable it warrants notice. Obviously you have been skinny your whole life....so now that you put on a belly....it is a noticeable difference. In another few months to a year it will become kind of normalcy.....depending on ow good of friends and what type of personalities they have....they may stop teasing altogether because all of a sudden they will just relate the extra weight to "you" not the "new You"....just the "you.

Also, touching on that you are excited to gain more.....well I noticed that once the initial shock of the weight gain and change wears off than even if there is more weight gain.....it seems to be tougher to notice or it was anticipated but not nearly the same reaction as the initial shock by any means.

But keep in mind anyone that has not seen you since the weight gain obviously may have the same shock....people react in different ways....but the thing to remember that just because people react or notice....doesn't mean they don't like it...it is just something different worth noticing or talking about in some cases.

EXtremeS:
Oh, there's certainly been positive reactions too. People saying that they like it, patting my belly, saying I look better and cute. Im just a sensitive person, that's why the negative comments get to me so much

Well that’s good! So maybe you will get to a point where you are even more confident around your tight friends and you will be ok with it....plus as I said after a while this will become your normal in their eyes and won’t be as much of a shock....even if you gain more. Unless you pack on 50-100 lbs....then they might really notice😂
6 years

If you have decided to go from skinny to fat, as I have done, you can expect some teasing on the way. It is part of the process. I found when I started gaining it was only after I had put on more than 30 pounds and I had just about grown out of all my clothes that friends started to make joking comments above my weight. I said that I could not help it my metabolism was changing.

If you are going to gain you must appreciate that, although most adults are overweight or obese, society has conditioned people to be ashamed about being fat and that fat people are losers. As you become obese the teasing is likely to stop. Friends will be too embarrassed to make direct reference to your increasing size. That does not mean they are not judging you; in all likelihood they are. The common perception is that fat people lack self-control, are gluttons and are lazy. They may feel pity about the result but condemn the cause. If you want to be morbidly obese that is part of the package. There is no getting away from it.

You may find strangers comment (helpfully) about your weight and the need to lose it. If you get into an argument with a stranger your obesity is likely to come up. Apart from strangers the most constant critics of my weight and lack of condition are members of my family; my mum in particular. So they might be pleased now that you have a little more meat on the bone but they are likely to change their tune as you become bigger.

Good luck!
6 years

You are fortunate to have parents who are quite obese. You can claim genetics as a reason for your weight gain. Sadly all my family are thin so I rather stand out. Eating gives you an appetite and gaining is fun. That often means that, even if you set a target, when you achieve it you want to take it further. In any event stopping is easier said than done. There is a lot to recommend being really obese
6 years

EXtremeS:
Hello, I'm 18 years old(turned 18 in november), and I've finally started gaining. I've had this fetish since I was a little kid, but I have been underweight my whole life. I've recently gone from a sceleton to finally having a belly, and i love it. I don't know how much exactly i put on, but enough to be undeniably chubby. The problem is, my friends are starting to tease me about my weight, since all of them are still skinny asf. I thought I would enjoy it, but it's really getting to me. I am literally in love with my new chub, and really want to gain a lot more, but I'm not sure if I can tolerate my close friends telling me to try to eat less because I'm getting too fat. I've already told them I am happy with my weight and that I don't plan on going on a diet but now they are worried that I've gained all this weight because I stopped abusing aderall, which was the reason i initially gained weight, but i have since started gaining on purpose.

My parents are, in contrast, happy i am no longer underweight, and glad that i put on a few pounds.

My question is, how did you get over the teasing when you started gaining?

Because of meds I was taking I packed on about 80 LBS in just over a year, and naturally loved it due to the nature of what I enjoy, but I was also getting the same reactions from co workers and people I was friendly with.

It did make me blush a little and feel a teeny bit ashamed at first, but I have learned to embrace it! I’ve gotten quite a few people poke my belly in a teasing manner and it kinda plays into the whole thing. “Look how you’ve let yourself go” and things like that. I try not to take what others say too seriously and just know that what I am doing is what I want and truly enjoy deep down inside. smiley
4 years