Gaining

Heavy cream vs protein powder/others

Hello all,

When it comes to trying hard to gain weight, what seems to have the best results for you? I don't care about taste too much, the thought of ballooning from whatever I'm eating/drinking helps me get over it. I personally only have experience with heavy cream.

At the peak, doing heavy cream with regular meals for a week, then stuffing for a week helped me put on 11 pounds in a matter of two weeks. Anybody else seen results similar to this from any other methods? I've been interested in mixing heavy cream with protein powder. Thoughts?
6 years

Heavy cream vs protein powder/others

ThirteentailsGetsFat:
I've tried a range of different products to aid in my gaining. Here's my thoughts +125lbs later...

Heavy cream: As far as I'm concerned this is the tippy top of the gainer pyramid. It's incredibly efficient in terms of cost vs calories, and it just plain works! Drink a few quarts of this a week and you absolutely will get fatter.

Weight gain powders: I've used Serious Mass quite a bit, and it's always been a bit disappointing. You'll need something other than water to mix it with (hello heavy cream) and yeah it just doesn't seem worth it. However...

Maltodextrin: A component of most weight gain powders, and honestly I think it's better to skip the filler in those powders and just use malto. It can be purchased in bulk quite cheaply, and is worth being included in shakes because it tells your body to store more fat.

Boost: I've been using Very High Calorie Boost for a good while now. It's damn expensive but also super convenient. It plays the same game as heavy cream but comes up short in pretty much every way except for the fact it doesn't need to be refrigerated. That being said, it can provide a very welcome break should you get tired of heavy cream, and I've personally taken quite a liking to combining it with heavy cream!

Oils: I tried using extra light olive oil for gaining, combined with orange juice to try to mask the flavor. It was a bit of a crap shoot, if you follow me. Dodge it.

TLDR: Heavy cream wins. Combine with maltodextrin. Drink every day. Profit.

One of the best fat guides that I have read!
Thank you, and please keep posting....
6 years