Feedback and suggestions

Private messaging changes - faq

I hope you all like the recent changes to the private messaging system. I've tried to simplify it by having one contact per user and also speed it up with several performance optimizations.

As you may have noticed the pages now look a little different so I'll try and answer some of the questions you may have below:

Have I lost any messages?
You should not have lost any messages through this update, however you now only have one row per member on the contacts page so there may be less rows.

Why do I now have contacts with no messages?
These are members who have messaged you in the past who's messages you've deleted. You can just delete them if you wish.

Why to I have contacts with no name or avatar?
These are contacts who've deleted their account. Please just delete these.

Where is the outbox page?
For the sake of simplicity the outbox page is no more. However you can see if a member has read your message by opening their message page.
6 years

Private messaging changes - faq

StarSmoke:
I have an idea that I think would make the 5 a day messaging stuff so much better. If you could show a preview of the message, kind of like how Feabie does it, then you could see if it�s another dreaded �Hey fat girl you want fuck?� that would waste a message opening it or if it�s an actual thoughtful message that you�d actually want to read and reply to. That way people won�t get so frustrated wasting their messages on the random chance of it being a good one. I don�t know how hard or expensive this would be to implement but it would be absolutely wonderful to happen!

StarSmoke has a great idea here.
Even aside from the message limit, it would allow folks to pick which messages they wanted to read first.
6 years