General

Fa pride flag

Hey all,

Why doesn't our global community of fat admirers have a pride flag? I would LOVE a way to support and recognize other members of the community out "in the wild," and I think this would be a great way to do it!

Here's my idea for it:

(larger picture uploaded as an attachment at the bottom of the post)

- The flag's dimensions are 2:3, a common flag ratio which I find aesthetically pleasing and which is an easy ratio to reproduce.
- I chose red and yellow because they are a common color pair meant to make people hungry and they are colors associated with food.
- I chose to include a pink heart because it is a clear indicator of love and romance.
--- In addition to the universal understanding of this symbol as one of love, I chose to include the shape of a heart -- rather than a pink stripe -- because pride flags that only feature stripes are very repetitive, unoriginal, far too similar, and boring, in my opinion.
--- (In no way do I feel that this reflects upon the validity of the cause that these flags support, but flags that fail to leave a distinct impression and fail to be easily recognizable are ineffective flags.)
--- Anyone who wished to include another pride flag within the heart would be able to easily do so, and therefore show their pride in belonging to sub-communities of the FA world (such as replacing the pink of the heart with the gay pride flag to represent the LGBT+ members of the FA community).
- I chose to outline the heart in brown because
1) Brown is a dark orange, which is a combination of red and yellow (the main colors),
2) The brown border helps to make the heart stand out from the background, making it more identifiable and visually pleasing, and
3) Brown calls chocolate to mind, and brown and pink together are reminiscent of neapolitan ice cream (yum!).

Also, you will notice the "F" on the side; I thought it would be neat to have specific letters that, should one choose to self-identify as such, would make it apparent what the bearer considered herself/himself to be:
F - Feeder
G - Gainer
A - Admirer
M - Mutual Gainer

Please share your opinions on the matter!! I would really love to have some kind of flag for our community! I would love to hear your thoughts, and we can all collaborate to make a flag that really feels like "us." Also, it's worth mentioning that I would like the flag to represent all within the fat admirer community, not just the Fantasy Feeder community.
6 years
attachment

Fa pride flag

Gingerbeard:
We don't have a pride flag, because we're not a sexuality or gender that's experienced generations of oppression.

Yes, fat people and their admirers are often judged and ridiculed. But we're not beaten or murdered, or denied basic human rights, as a result of our kink.

I see what you're saying, but in this day and age pride flags exist for many different groups of people, and being historically oppressed isn't a requirement. For instance, asexual people have not been beaten or tortured physically, yet there is still a flag to represent their community. Being a community, I do not think that we FAs somehow haven't earned the right to have a symbol. The purpose of the flag is to communicate.
6 years

Fa pride flag

I like the idea but personally I would use different colors. Like maybe different tones of the ones you have already
6 years

Fa pride flag

StarSmoke:
Now that I've read this whole post. I think if you want you could use that, but I don't really see it catching on. In my opinion and no offense to the one who made it but it's kind of ugly. Girls into the frying would want a prettier symbol and like I said before the bbw sillouette is what I usually see, and I believe men would want something a little more masculine. Also imagine a fetish preference symbol next to a cancer survival ribbon or autism awareness ribbon. That would be tacky. Imagine when someone asks about it then gets offended, because I'm positive that would happen a lot. Men with skinny half naked girls on their trucks are looked down on for being dirty and seeming immature, I can't imagine it would come off any nicer for big girls. Just my opinion though! If you want to shout your fetish to the world then look for something like a "fat is where it's at!" bumper sticker lol.

Hello! First off, thank you for your comments! I appreciate that you took the time to share your take on it.

Being myself a petite FFA who favors fat men, I would not be included in the silhouette of a BBW, nor would my partner. Such a thing would be too specific to describe the community at large and would exclude a substantial portion of us.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it prettier?

I think that your description of this being a fetish is misleading, it would be like calling homosexuality a fetish, and therefore not worthy of having a flag. Like homosexuality, being an FA is not something that is chosen but rather born into (many in the community experienced fat admiration as young children, as I did), and it only has to be as sexual as someone decides to make it. I'm an artist and I see fat as being beautiful; describing that as a fetish makes it sound like appreciating fat makes us perverted.

Putting this flag next to other flags would not be inherently tacky, I don't think; besides, whoever did that would be an individual using the flag. Any judgement of tackiness would be on the individual, not the flag itself.

The beautiful thing about the flag is that nobody has to reveal what it is to others if they don't want to.

Getting a "Fat is where it's at" bumper sticker takes the community and cheapens it to a one-liner; nothing wrong with that for a bumper sticker, but it doesn't communicate the same thing a pride flag does.
6 years

Fa pride flag

burgerqween:
I like the idea but personally I would use different colors. Like maybe different tones of the ones you have already

Cool, what kinds of colors do you have in mind?
6 years

Fa pride flag

Gingerbeard:
We don't have a pride flag, because we're not a sexuality or gender that's experienced generations of oppression.

Yes, fat people and their admirers are often judged and ridiculed. But we're not beaten or murdered, or denied basic human rights, as a result of our kink.

fivehundred:
this. this. this. this. this.

I could be wrong, but I have always thought that the neopalition flag was for us ( feederism)?
Right, wrong, somewhere in between?

I know the colors of the bdsm flag (leather pride),
Black, blue, with a red heart and the triscillion.
6 years

Fa pride flag

Is the flag shown at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism not good enough?
6 years