General

Your id. what's it mean?

We've all seen the various weird and wonderful ID's we all have. Ever wondered where they come from?
Well to stop people asking you for the millionth time, why not explain it here?
I'll go first ...

Igor Olman is a fictional character in a favourite webcomic of mine, www.dorktower.com. Here's his description:
"To Igor, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. He throws himself into every new game, comic, craze, hobby and pastime with an overwhelming enthusiasm that has made him the official poster boy for Reckless Abandon. As the Power Gamer's Power Gamer, Igor Olman is a die-hard, take-no-prisoners action junkie. He is a god to min-maxing RPG munchkins everywhere, and a gamemaster's worst nightmare."
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

well my id means my name i am going to say my name but if you want to know please ask me in privite
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

I was looking for something that meant 'fat', but that seemed a bit too abrupt. Went through all the euphemisms, which I hate, because they sound apologetic. Then read somewhere that 'zaftig', a Yiddish word for round and curvy, means 'juicy', and I liked that, so here I am.
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

It means that I'm a furry who defies the conventionalities of whatever group I find myself associated with.

I just chose a rhino because I wanted to be different, there's a sea of foxes, cats, dogs, and other mammals so I picked something that would stand out like I always do. The sripes are because no matter what group I find I have common ground with, I find I have just as much not in common with them.
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

"No one knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, but The Shadow knows"...He's one of my favorite superheroes, and my ID is the alter-ego of him.
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

Allow me to assist on the Kent Allard/Lamont Cranston matter:

From Wikipedia--
...In print, The Shadow's secret identity was Kent Allard, a famed aviator. During World War I, Allard was both a flying ace and a spy who fought for the French. He was known by the alias of The Black Eagle ("The Shadow's Shadow," 1933), although later stories revised this alias as The Dark Eagle ("The Shadow Unmasks," 1937). After the war, Allard sought a new challenge and decided to wage war on criminals. Allard faked his death in the South American jungles then returned to the United States. Arriving in New York City, he adopted numerous identities to conceal his existence.

One of these identities was Lamont Cranston, a "wealthy young man about town." In the pulps, Cranston was a separate character; Allard frequently disguised himself as Cranston and adopted his identity ("The Shadow Laughs," 1931). While Cranston traveled the world, Allard assumed his identity in New York...
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

My name is just something that flashed in my head as i was trying to figure out what to make my screen name. I was trying to think of something cool but the only thing that came up was Oni Gumo, which is a character in an anime that i like.

(Oni Gumo was a theif that was later turned into a demon by thousands of demonic apparitions who wanted his soul.)

*minor note here* Oni Gumo means demonic spider, forgot to mention that five months ago *shifty eyes*
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

perhaps my fondness for orbs? smiley
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

When I played FPS, everyone kept asking if there was a Medic. I got sick of saying "I'm here, where do you need me?" So I just started using Medic as my name. Its stuck for...jeeze, 10 years?
16 years

Your id. what's it mean?

Mine is Japanese. It means "the sword that gives life" & I took it from a philisophical text I like.
16 years
12345   loading